N-Europe

Are Street Sharks Mammals or Fish?

ReZourceman

That's the thing with mutations, they don't tend to follow rules.

Well, they do somewhat. The Mutagen in the original TMNT cartoon mutated whoever got in touch with it into the animal they had last touched. That's somewhat of a rule.

In the movie he was a Rat.

I know, it's how it originally was in the comic, I believe, and therein the Mutagen also simply made animals humanoid. It generally made more sense.

Well, they do somewhat. The Mutagen in the original TMNT cartoon mutated whoever got in touch with it into the animal they had last touched. That's somewhat of a rule.

I know, it's how it originally was in the comic, I believe, and therein the Mutagen also simply made animals humanoid. It generally made more sense.

So I assume the last animal the turtles and Splinter touched were human? Almost like the last thing the other chaps touched were Sharks before their transformation...

So I assume the last animal the turtles and Splinter touched were human? Almost like the last thing the other chaps touched were Sharks before their transformation...

Well, in the original comic, they all started off as animals and turned human, because that's what the Mutagen does in that version.

In the cartoon, the Mutagen combined the DNA of whoever touched it with the DNA of the last animal they were in contact with. In this version, Splinter was originally a human and had last been in contact with rats, and the turtles had last been in contact with Splinter while he was still human.