Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Twelve Monkeys

James

Twelve monkys with bruce willis and brad pitt, now would some like to explain the ending to that I have sat down with my dad and discussed this countless times and still can't work it out.

Edited by Mr_Odwin

I really enjoyed Inception but agree that it has a good few flaws. It's very cool but I don't think it's particularly inteligent. I'd rate it very very highly but for me it would certainly miss out on a 10.

What don't you get about 12 Monkeys?

The ending with the kid and bruce willis gets shot, I think it's the bull shit time travel element in it is what confuses me. To be honest it has been a while since I seen it, one of the films I think I will never understand.

I happened to watch this at the cinema at Sheffield uni (which I never new existed until my housemate mentioned it in my second year there). I knew nothing about it but the name, but loved it.

Twelve monkys with bruce willis and brad pitt, now would some like to explain the ending to that I have sat down with my dad and discussed this countless times and still can't work it out.

The whole twist at the end (unlike Terminator) is that you can't change time. As a kid, Willis sees someone get shot, which haunts his dreams. After the biological disaster, he gets sent back in time to prevent it.

He's chasing someone through an airport and gets shot, and sees a younger version of him watching. He realises that the guy he saw getting shot as a kid was him, and the timeline hasn't changed at all.

Yes that, it's been ages since I've watched that film, may have to get it out soon.

The Terminator point is interesting, if they'd been a bit cleverer about the setting for Terminator 3 they could have sorted all of that malarky out and had it that everything in the first 2 films had always happened and there was nothing they could of done to prevent judgement day. It always really annoys me actually.

I happened to watch this at the cinema at Sheffield uni (which I never new existed until my housemate mentioned it in my second year there). I knew nothing about it but the name, but loved it.

The whole twist at the end (unlike Terminator) is that you can't change time. As a kid, Willis sees someone get shot, which haunts his dreams. After the biological disaster, he gets sent back in time to prevent it.

He's chasing someone through an airport and gets shot, and sees a younger version of him watching. He realises that the guy he saw getting shot as a kid was him, and the timeline hasn't changed at all.

OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!! finally it makes sense, I have a major problem with the time travel problem in the terminator films because they can't happen.

!

Edited by James