NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

I made my first sale on Ebay today

I was meaning more along the lines of when people pay into my account. Will Paypal slam an email my way?

All I've done is given the lucky winner my Paypal ID, is that enough?

Yeah that's usually enough. Although if you do it through eBay and choose the Paypal option it will usually all be linked. i.e. When the person wins your auction it will link them to a Paypal payment page and it's all pretty much automated from there. You'll recieve an email and an eBay update to inform you of payment and to send the item.

When I buy stuff on eBay with Paypal it just takes the money out of my bank.

eBay is a little confusing with all its rules and add-on services like Paypal, but once you get selling it gets easier.

Paypal is more than an add-on service for ebay, it's a separate system altogether which just became integrated with Ebay as it was a safer and more functional way to pay than eBay's own system.

Ebay takes the money out of your bank account by default. If you have a card registered, that will be there as "back-up". If you have funds in your Paypal account which you haven't withdrawn yet, it will use those first.

Oh yeah, I'm aware that it's now used for loooads of things.

But it was originally created by the guys at eBay for use with eBay.

EDIT: Ok, I just actually checked that it and it wasn't created by the guys at eBay, they just bought it, nevermind.

t has been well looked after in a non-smoking home.
LOLLIES! :P

Anyway... My mum's a bit of a hoarder and is always going on about how her friend's kids make loads of money through ebay, and how she can sell Three Plates With Matching Mug, or Wardrobe With No Door, or Cookery Book From 1979... She doesn't understand that ebay isn't a place where you can sell anything...

Mind you, I've never really used ebay. And I have my own Incomplete Set Of Star Wars Fact Files, and Twelve VHS Of Films You Already Own On Blu-Ray that I could sell.

My xbox went from 99p to £102 :yay:

28 of those pounds appeared in the last 60 seconds.

Noice! How much does it need to go for in order to equate to what you would've gotten for it with a trade-in?