NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shift

Console Issues - No Picture but sound works

Just wondering if some one could give me a second opinion on an issue I'm having.

I have my Xbox 360 and Wii linked up to a fairly old Sumsung LCD TV (cant find the model number). The Xbox is linked up via HDMI and the Wii via component.

When I turn one of the consoles on and switch to the correct channel, all I get is sound, but no picture (for both consoles).

But this problem only occurs on random days. Yesterday and the day befor they both worked fine, then today I'm having these issues.

I've linked my xbox up to my monitor via VGA a few days ago and that worked fine.

I've searched and a lot of people seem to be having this issue with their xbox's, and theyve put it down to an over heating gpu, but it just seems odd that my Wii also has this same problem.

Just want a second opinion befor I spend £500 on a new TV.

Thanks.

Are you sure you have it on the right channel? seems like a dumb question but I don't know what else to suggest other than pressing the 'source' button on the remote until you have the right one... it sounds like an intermitent fault to me though, check your cable connections.

Im 100% sure its on the right channel, as if it wasnt, i wouldnt get any sound.

The cables on both the wii and xbox have been unplugged (at the back of the TV and the consoles) and plugged back in again and theyve been truned on and off about 50 times at random points throughout the day.

If just one console was doing this then id be thinking it was a fault with the console, but as both my wii and xbox have the same issue it must be the TV.

Its just starnge, as I can turn it on tomorow morning and both of them could work fine. Youd think if my TV has gone then it would never work again.

I hate intermittent problems like these.

Could you tell us what all the video settings are, and what the specifications of your TV are, that might help.

Also, what region are each of the devices from?

If possible try to connect them to other inputs for, instance Scart. In some TVs they split up the modules and decoders for the different inputs. If everything is alright then, it's most certainly a faulty module.

Are they always connected in together at the same time? It's probably not it, but maybe the TV's getting confused between the inputs. I've got a pretty new tv, and it wouldn't show a component picture because I had something in the side and its other channels were taken, if that makes sense. It's a long shot, but maybe.

Sign in to follow this