N-Europe

Item just wont delete, Command input doesn't work

Debug Mode

Right, heres the deal, some installer froze up on me earlier for a game called Ace Online, now I have pretty much 2 presumably .exe files on my desktop weighing in around 2gb each.

As you can tell, if they are corrupt, I don't want them there. The problem? I cant right click them, it freezes Windows Explorer. I can't delete them, it'l try for hours calculating shit, and tell me I can't delete them.

Microsoft's website suggested to me to delete it via command input, never done so before so i did some practice on a .txt file on my desktop where the corrupt files are, it worked.

Now I try the corrupt files however, no dice. Theres 2 of them, one is 'Ace Online(2300).exe' and the other is 'Copy 1 of Ace Online(2300).exe' . I did a 'dir /a /x /p' command to actually make sure they existed there and I know their extensions.

But, whenever I go to del these items it doesn't do it. I entire the entire thing as it should be 'del c\users\me\desktop\ace_online(2300).exe' and I get back "The system cannot find the path specified" despite the fact it clearly shows up on dir /a /x /p! I try different variations such as 'ace(Space)online(2300).exe' still cant find. I cant rename it because I cant right click the fucker..

...Halp?:red:

Update: It seems I wasn't using quotations around the file name that contained spaces, however the item still remains, please, any help would be amazing

Update 2: Getting the message 'Access Denied'. Tried "attrib -r -s -h (filename)", proceeded to try delete it, still Access Denied.

Edited by Debug Mode

If what Konfucius said doesn't work, try booting in safe mode or safe mode with command prompt (try both if the first doesn't work), by pressing F8 between the BIOS POST (that black screen the ram checking, etc.) and the Windows loading screen and choosing there, and delete file through that.

If that doesn't work, get a live CD and delete it the file.

Probably should of updated this a while ago..

I eventually got rid of it by ending explorer.exe process and deleting it via command input, never would of guessed ending that process would have benefited me in any way.

Thanks any way guys, much appreciated!