N-Europe

The Pacific

Charlie

Talk about a filler.....

True Story.

They spent a year in Melbourne before heading off again.

Best episode of the series so far. Loads of superb characterisation.

i havent seen any of this yet. But they always say war is 95% of doing nothing, and 5% of compleate chaos. So it sounds like it might be a but closer to reality.

The Pacific war was quite different in many ways. That statement might be true in some cases.

Take the battle of Iwo Jima. Non-Stop fighting for 35 days. Deathtoll was insane and horrific. And this is just one case. Guadalcanal is nothing compared to what will be coming.

Edited by Tissue Town

You sir, are completely wrong. Just because they're not gunning down waves of Japanese soldiers it doesn't mean the episode was filler in any sense of the word.

Nothing happened though. I mean I know that that's what actually happened but really all that happened was the dude got given the Medal of Honor and then sent home and Leckie got split up from his platoon. Maybe filler is the wrong term but not a lot actually happened and frankly I was a bit bored watching it.

Edited by Charlie

True Story.

They spent a year in Melbourne before heading off again.

Best episode of the series so far. Loads of superb characterisation.

The Pacific war was quite different in many ways. That statement might be true in some cases.

Take the battle of Iwo Jima. Non-Stop fighting for 35 days. Deathtoll was insane and horrific. And this is just one case. Guadalcanal is nothing compared to what will be coming.

The fighting might have gone on for 35 solid days. And even some people migt have fought for 35 days solid. I very much doubt that was the majority. As you said they spent a year in melbourne. So its proably work out right.

I agree with dan - this was the most interesting episode yet.

... But I've firmly decided that I hate the show, and hate how it ruins everything BoB set out to achieve. Yes, I am in that camp of whiners even though I'll be watching this entire series as it airs. BoB had such a grand, beautiful premise of re-educating us about the war and promising not to dress it up in pretty story-telling, but Pacific just stinks of franchise and american arse-kissing, and lacks that certain class that clearly BoB owed the BBC's involvement...

Ok so I can't believe I'm saying all this myself.