N-Europe

Help me please: Game install issues with Windows 7

Falcon_BlizZACK

Tech gods! I really need your help. Been installing Command And Conquer 3 on my new HP PAVILLION with Windows 7 since yesterday. Once installed and I attempt to start up, it's throws a DirectX error at me; stating to check if my directx is upto date or my graphics card has the minimum requirement, which it does!

Please help me! I will praise you forever.

Edit: I've figured it out. Install the game unto the C drive. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah see, venturing once again in the general forums pays off, sort off :D.

Installed C&C 3 not long ago, got the same problem. But with an enormous backlog of games (PC and Wii and DS :D) to play, I didn't bother to find out what the problem was. I'm unwilling to install it on C however.. Guess I'll just install it under Vista, once I've reinstalled that.

I built my computer a few months ago. The plan was to have a partition of 20-30 GB which only contains Windows, and make partitions for other OS's on the remaining diskspace of that raid volume, which is only around 60 GB total. In the meantime I've learnt Linux, or at least Ubuntu, doesn't like onboard raid, so I have to put my Linux experimentation on hold for now. So for now I've got the full 60 GB at my disposal, but I'd still like to reserve 30 GB for 1 or 2 other OS's in the future. So I don't really have the space to install a game on C. After playing around with my lovely computer for a few months, I really hate finding out plenty software just drops stuff on C without my consent. And I still see software that doesn't give me the option to install it anywhere but on C. I'd like to keep it clean.