N-Europe

Battery Help

Daft

The battery light on my netbook is flashing orange. I think this is because my battery is dead - without the power cable the laptop loses power instantly (although the battery says it's charged to 94%...). Anyone know the best (cheapest) place to get one?

My laptop is an Advent 4211. I think that's just a rebranded MSI Wind. Can anyone help? I'd really appreciate it.

I read something once which siad that, Li-ion batteries suffer quite terribly in heat and I think from constant charge beyond a point with no discharge, so keeping your laptop plugged in whilst having the battery in also tends to drastically reduce the lifespan of batteries. I read something about a good number/frequency of total discharges or recharges(as you can see I don't remember much) with one being more important than the other, but I dunno what it was now.

I remember it said the best charge to store them at long term is ~40% tho, and somewhere not too hot.

EDIT: Found it in my real old favourites http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm

Edited by Rummy