NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dannyboy-the-Dane

The Hero of Time - The Legend of Zelda Fan Film

(Dunno if this is the appropriate forum, nor if it's even worthy of its own thread, but I thought it might. Feel free to move and merge as you wish.)

Anyway, remember the Legend of Zelda fan film, The Hero of Time, that we saw a trailer for a few years back? (No, not IGN's April Fools joke.) Well, having gone off the radar for quite some time, it is now finally done, clocking in at over 100 minutes. There is a link to it here (on a Danish site):

http://railgun.newz.dk/zelda-fanfilm-the-hero-of-time

The official site: http://www.theherooftime.com/

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Well I'm 30 mins in... and I have to say that's the worst wig I've ever seen. The guy who plays Link is so not blonde and how they let him get away with chin stubble is beyond me.

And whilst I'm at it - why does he wear eye liner?

You have to judge it for what it is, an amateur fan film. Given that, I think it's pretty good. The "actors" are all shitty if you compare them to professionals, but it's good for a fan effort. I think the lighting is particularly good for an amateur film.

But why was Saria his mom...?? That puzzled me.

You have to judge it for what it is, an amateur fan film. Given that, I think it's pretty good. The "actors" are all shitty if you compare them to professionals, but it's good for a fan effort. I think the lighting is particularly good for an amateur film.

But why was Saria his mom...?? That puzzled me.

Saria wasn't really his mom, just his foster mum of sorts after he got brought to the forest at the start.

What puzzled me more was that within 5 seconds of seeing the princess, they were all over each over when apart from the cartoon, Link has never really shown any interest in her in a romantic way.

Well it's finished now and I can safely say that that wasn't the biggest pile of drivel I've ever seen.

For an amateur film, I think they did a good job. I thought the story was well fairly good adaptation of the one in Ocarina. And the special effects weren't all bad. As for the lighting - it was ok, but far too inconsistent and it doesn't take a professional to spot that.

And as for the hair, I'm thinking I might be wrong about the wig, but the cuffs and collar definitely don't match.

Whenever I watch something like this, I always try to keep an open mind. I've watched 30 minutes now, and so far the actors are all right (except Link, he's not very good at acting, and they sometimes mumble or don't speak loud enough) and the costumes are pretty good. The strong points are the filming and the effects - those are often messed up in amateur productions. The weak point is the story/script - like why was Saria his foster mother, and what about that guy in the woods? Plus the dialogue is not very natural at times.

All in all, though, I they've done a pretty good job considering it's an amateur production. :)

Oh yeah, and I LOL'ed at 26:35! :laughing:

Saria wasn't really his mom, just his foster mum of sorts after he got brought to the forest at the start.

Yeah, that's what I meant, I know she's not his real mom. Still is wrong, Saria wasn't his foster mom, she was his friend. They probably felt Link needed a mom in the film, but it didn't have to be Saria, IMO.

As for the lighting, it's better than in professional soap operas.

the actors are all right (except Link)

Impa begs to differ. :heh:

A strong point of the film is also the music, it's amazing. Some of it is Kondo's music, but it's been arranged by someone else. And other is original, I think. It sounds great.

Edited by ...

Impa begs to differ. :heh:

The person playing Impa hasn't a clue about where she is or what she's doing - she looks like she's been on something to me.

30 minutes in, and this film is so fucking funny. I love it. Love the slow-mo scene where Link and malon are holding hands, lolol.

Couldn't they have dyed his eyebrows?? They go to all that trouble to create this very decent looking fan film, and not even bother to make Link actually look like he's meant to be blond?

And couldn't the woman who played Impa... not have?

Yeah the Impa chick, wtf.

Also WHY DO LINK AND ZELDA KISS!?!??! Seriously made no sense.

Have to say, I'm impressed. Almost all aspects of it are sub par but it's got that Zelda feel to it somehow and it's over 100 minutes long which, for an amateur production with hardly any cash is very impressive.

Totally should have made Link a robot though.

EDIT: Totally agree with you on the thief scene, mental shit that. Also what's with the accents? It's sickening.

Edited by killthenet

Sign in to follow this