NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
mr_bogus

2009's best Wii games that died at retail - read 'em and weep

The sales figures are a bit stupid. Wii games almost always have a long tail and they picked out the first weeks of sales. Madworld, for instance has been reported to have sold over 300,000, which is very good for such a niche title.

I really hate these articles, they mention conduit eclipsed by cod reflex... Well yes? it's more than likely the better game what's the problem.

Shame about Punch Out, Muramasa and Little King's Story, but I can't say I'm too bothred about the others not selling!

The figures are a little crap in this article. Punch Out went on to sell 0.78 million which whilst not what one would hope for, is still clearly a profitable number of units. Madworld has done 0.35 million, not bad for a niche game.

Secondly, the comparrison between the Conduit and MWR is nonsense. The later is clearly the better game and has fantastic online.

Edited by Zechs Merquise

The sales figures are a bit stupid. Wii games almost always have a long tail and they picked out the first weeks of sales. Madworld, for instance has been reported to have sold over 300,000, which is very good for such a niche title.

Alot of those sales have been at a reduced price though, you can buy it for about a tenner now at most places :/

Sign in to follow this