NEurope
Dante

Sonic Classic Collection

Even I have finally had enough of the constant re-releases and ports of these games. XBLA, PSN, Gamecube/xbox etc "mega collections", virtual console, phone apps, PC version...

And yeah, I always got all the giant rings before I left Mushroom Hill :heh: Sonic 3 was a different story though....

Bastards! not content with simplifying Dr Robotnik to 'Dr Eggman' since the Dreamcast, they are now rewriting the classic games too...

How are they rewriting the classic games?

I owned all the megadrive versions of 1, 2 and 3 + Sonic and Knuckles and the story hasn't been rewritten.

Granted in the instruction books you got maybe three to four paragraphs of story, but the general plot remains unchanged.

All thats happened is the text has been shortened to fit onto the bottom screen.

While I agree it's not the most creative use (I would have liked to have maybe seen a act map there or maybe some random stats displayed etc) but it's better than nothing.

..but it's better than nothing.

Is it..? :heh: It seems like it is wasting the battery of the DS to me :indeed:

Surely there must have been something better they could have done!

Is it..? :heh: It seems like it is wasting the battery of the DS to me :indeed:

Surely there must have been something better they could have done!

Agreed, they could have done much better...

-------------------------------------------

Off-topic but... why the name change nando? /curious.

Off-topic but... why the name change nando? /curious.

nando is a name that has been taken most places and the slashes generally aren't allowed as part of a username elsewhere or in an email address, for example. I use mor19ntes everywhere else and it is a username that noone else is ever gonna use :hehe:

Having said that, I'm not sure how I feel about having it on here and I may ask to have it changed back to / nando / if possible.. it just felt so right :heh:

This arrived today after apparently being posted to the wrong address.

I have to say I'm slightly disappointed, it's full of graphical and sound bugs and suffers from slowdown, which isn't anything game breaking but sometimes spoils the gameplay a bit. Also since they needed to lower the resolution to fit the DS screens, it's made some in-game text hard to read or overlaps other text.

But otherwise it's great to finally have a portabe version of Sonic 3 & Knuckles (or Knuckles in Sonic 3 as the game calls it).

Ike, do you own a DSi? If you do and you havent tried it, play it on that, rumour has it that the collection utilises the extra power.

Ike, do you own a DSi? If you do and you havent tried it, play it on that, rumour has it that the collection utilises the extra power.

Just tried it on my DSi, graphic and sound bugs are still there, there is also still slowdown, but it seems to have improved the frame rate a little. I'll have to check some more later in case I'm just imagining it.

Ah, it was a rumour after all. Apparently the product code on the cartridge shows it has DSi optimization because the 'NTR' code is missing off the cartridge.

Started playing this today, not played many Sonic games over the years but I've always been a Sonic fan thanks to the amazing Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Big part of my childhood.

Good times.

I shall report back later about my progress!