N-Europe

Pumpkins!

SPAMBOT4000

Anyone tried their hand at carving pumpkins? I did my first last year and had SO much fun so I'm hoping to do quite a few this year. Here's my pretty poor attempt last year...

n28240092318884221319.jpg

It's supposed to be MJ... because my flat mate wanted one and.... long story. Anyway, I just bought a shed load so I'll post some pics of the ones I do this year and I hope other peeps do too :D:bouncy:

38308296.jpg

One I did last night out of sheer boredom. It's supposed to be a pumpkin eating a pumpkin eating a cat :/ SO gonna use a template next time.

Edited by SPAMBOT4000
Automerged Doublepost

Those are awesome! I hope I get a chance to do some carving myself... Will post here if I do, of course.

Yeah you definitely should do. I've never got much out of doing anything vaguely arty but pumpkin carving is reet good.

How have you done those? I don't understand. I have never carved a pumpkin before but we have a big one this year ready to be decorated

Slice the top of, get out all the seeds and shit that're in there. Then scoop quite a bit of the flesh away from the insides. Then just use a knife/scalpel to either cut hole shapes right through the pumpkin (brightest bits) or just try and carefully take the outer orange skin off for the parts that are bright and glowly. Pumpkins are fairly translucent without the thin orange skin. You can even get shading depending how far you cut into the flesh but I don't have those uber skills yet.

Haha yeah thought you would, no idea why I went on about taking the top off, sorry! If you're gonna do the outer skin thing then it also helps if you work in the dark with a light inside because they look completely different in normal light. Also every single knife mark you put in starts glowing whether you take skin off or not. I wrote my name on the back of that and it looks really creepy. I'll post a pic when I get back.