NEurope
Flunx

Metriod Prime 3?

I didn't see this screen posted anywhere on the forums (Hope it hasn't). I read this on another forum.

I caught this on the IGN board. The person claims that this may be a leaked photo of the game. At first glance, I was unconvinced and unimpressed. But then I started to take into account the fact that the screen shot is not from a direct feed. It looks photographed off of a tv screen or monitor (which explains the amount of jaggies present).

I'm not 100% convinced that it's real... but, it does look impressive. The lighting and shadows seem to be superior to those currently found on the GameCube, and if I'm not mistaken, the poly count looks larger too. I mean, I guess it could just be a nice photoshop or something. But, who knows.

What do you guys think?

delete0rd.jpg

I've been looking at the picture for a while now and if it's real than I'm very happy with the Revolutions graphics.

What do you guys think?

well i dont know what to think... of all the pictures that could have been taken its a very unimpressive (by next gen standards), small spaced corridor that is in alot of the other 2 primes. so i dunno if we should be jumping for joy just yet...

the picture actually oloks real good underneath all the junk thats been added on top. As to whether its real or not we dont really know

the picture actually oloks real good underneath all the junk thats been added on top. As to whether its real or not we dont really know

I totally agree! Yet I doubt Nintendo would ever let leak a picture of metroid.

Its almost impossible to believe any kind of Leak that is to do with Nintendo at the moment, people know that Nintendo fans are still in the dark about the Rev in terms of games so people just like to be wankers, make fake pictures, blogs and the like.

always great to see it posted tho but the only way we would EVER find out of this was true or not anytime sooner than Nintendo plans to show it, would be if Nintendo themselves said that it was a fake.

so in other words your either gonna find out its fake sooner or later or else you will have to wait until E3 to find out if it actually is real.

good to discuss tho, personally I think its fake.

Looks like a shot from MP2 Echoes to me. If i played it a bit more I could probably tell you which part of the game it's from. Reminds me a lot of one of the multiplayer levels.

But honestly MP2 does look as good as that. Sure those bars on the left may be photo-shopped but the rest actually doesn't look amazing. Definite fake I say.

The morphball is obviously pasted on the pic and tv scanlines effect seems to be false to, its just there to cover the imperfections.

I heard it was proven fake.
still... metroid prime 3 revealed this year wouldn't be such a bad idea, along with some third party games (at least names).

I got it!

The reason why there's scan lines is cuz thats what it will look like on the lcd screen of the visor you wear!!! ;)

**sarcastic before anyone flames me** : peace:

Yeah, the scan lines would be an ingame effect, and it doesn't look like something at all you encounter in Metroid Prime 2....

There's no scanlines in the other metroid games and even less in morphball, and I doubt they would put it over retro's logo.

Here's what seems to be the original pic, with out the effect and hud, but more beliveble.

metroid36xl9aq.jpg

The camera angle looks wrong. I think we wanna see where the ball is going, not how it looks. Better work on it till next time. :p

that picture that you have got there was just a little draft retro studios did on metroid prime but then they took Kraid off the game

Yeah... that was a mistake I think.... but then again doing Kraid in 3D wouldn't work that well.

Yeah... that was a mistake I think.... but then again doing Kraid in 3D wouldn't work that well.
I think it could be fantastic!!

He could be in a big circular arena with lava in the centre; just like Gohma (the first boss) in Wind Waker! There could be 2 levels of walkways/platforms all round the edge to fight from, with grapple points on the ceiling to swing your way right across the arena!

I really hope he appears in Metroid Prime 3; and I think it's very likely he will be, because they've already said;

The title will be the final game in the Metroid Prime trilogy, which means the plot will thicken as the "pulse-pounding conclusion of Samus' prime adventures come to an exhilerating close ... The plot of Prime 3 is about closure, told against the backdrop of an epic struggle."
It's obvious they've thought about including him in Prime before, but they probably didn't want both Kraid and Ridley in the same game and they are holding Kraid back until Prime 3.

I think we are going to see a very action packed storyline with some fantastic battles!!

Yeah but one of the main features of Kraid were those things he used to fire out of his chest.... Don't see those working too well, but your ideas aint too bad.

Do you reckon you could have a Ridley fight using the ship? That would kick some serious ass! Air to air combat!

There's no scanlines in the other metroid games and even less in morphball, and I doubt they would put it over retro's logo.

Here's what seems to be the original pic, with out the effect and hud, but more beliveble.

metroid36xl9aq.jpg

lol looks VERY photoshopped. way too simple textures... and just too clean, u know...

Do you reckon you could have a Ridley fight using the ship? That would kick some serious ass! Air to air combat!
It could work but I don't think they'd try it, it'd be to different to the rest of the series.

I loved the way you fought Ridley in Prime; it's so epic and intense and you seem at such a dissadvantage; it's like a human fighting some sort of fighter jet, because of how fast he moves and the way he flys through the sky attacking you!

It feels like such an achievement when you win!

I don't think we'll see from Ridley again in the Prime series; because then it ties in well with his surprise arrival in Super Metroid!

I'd expect Kraid to be the second to last boss in Metroid Prime 3, but who knows!!

No Smowza! That picture looks absolutely astounding. Everything in the picture is so nice. I truly hope this is what MP3 will look like :)

lol looks VERY photoshopped. way too simple textures... and just too clean, u know...

I agree with you, it look way to simple to be a retro game, usualy they put a lot of effort in they're textures so it doesnt always look the same place, it's like it was done by bungie.

Am i the only one who thinks that pic looks sweet?

It's not bad, it's just not retro quality.