Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Need for Speed: Shift

flameboy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFS: Shift crashing on Xbox 360, tries to access PSN!?

This is absolutely hilarious. A ridiculous and peculiar glitch in EA's new racing title, Need for Speed: Shift, has allegedly been unearthed, and it's amazing. The title supposedly contains a game-breaking error in which the Xbox 360 version crashes while attempting to connect to the PlayStation Store. You have read that correctly, a 360 game is trying to connect to PSN.

This is just one of many bugs reported to have shipped with Shift. According to reports, the poor game is riddled with problems. The blogger who discovered the PSN connection error describes Shift as "the most bug-ridden piece of code I have witnessed in recent times."

On the one hand, I feel sorry for the developers over what is an incredibly embarrassing cock-up. On the other, I can't stop sniggering at such an amazing failure. I don't think I've ever heard of a game trying to use one console to connect to a rival network, and I am itching to find out how such a disastrous mistake could have happened.

Expect patches to be coming out for this thing very, very soon.

Yeah i am going to earn some easy trophies and tie it all up. Quite clearly the people really praising this game strongly havent played through much. In the early stages the game is fine but later you get lots of dumb issues.

I'm onto Tier 3 at the moment. All i'm intending on doing really is to beat the game and reach level 50 (i'm at 35 now, not long to go i don't think)

Best way to get to level 50 is to just do drifting on quick race. Drift on one of the tracks where you can do laps and set the laps high (I go for 5 for Tokyo or 10 for the other 2). I can go up 2 or 3 levels per race.

I just discovered that, thanks for the heads-up on this. 6 laps should be enough if i do the drift challenge 3 times on Tokyo.

I've almost unlocked Tier 4 yet havn't even started Tier 3 which is a bit mental...working my way through the USA, JAPAN and EUROPEAN Series first...

I officially hate the drift events...just can't get to grips with them, always been fairly decent at them in past games but not anymore...

I struggled to drift at first, but now I seem competent. Best way is to get a semi decent car (I picked tier 2), get the handling and possibly brakes stats as high as possible and ignore the other stats. A slow moving, good handling car seems to work best for me.

In terms of technique: Use less throttle than you think you'd need. The higher the cars acceleration stat, the less throttle you need to drift it. That's why I keep my drift cars acceleration stat low. I keep it on about half throttle until I want to drift, then give it 3 quarters to full depending on the corner. I rarely use the brakes or handbrake, just floor it to get it sideways, which slows me down enough. I think I can actually do a whole clean lap of Tokyo without braking/handbraking.

Starting slow helps too. Do slow drifts, then build the speed up as you get better.

Tokyo is a great place to get good drifts. Best car i've used to drift is a BMW 35 (the ruby red one). It's a Tier 1 car, gives excellent Drift without tuning. 6 laps on the Tokyo track nets me about 15,000 minimum Profile Points. 15 x 3= 45,000 per Drift Challenge.

I tend to use more power into the corners, a bit like Goafer. I've got to Level 50, went from 35 to 50 within 2 hours.

• 2 months later...

Sounds like the new patch fixed a ton of issues. Including the main one you get later in the game.

UPDATE:

I just posted this on NeedforSpeed.com: "Following on from our earlier announcement about the upcoming expansion pack we wanted to give you some very important details about the upcoming patch... the release date:

PlayStation 3 - NOVEMBER 23RD

Xbox 360 - DECEMBER 1ST

PC - DECEMBER 1st

Console owners will be prompted to download the patch when you start SHIFT on the release date. PC gamers will be able to download the patch from our Downloads page. This release date is pretty solid at this point and we don't expect it change. It if does we'll let you know as soon as we hear.

Here are the details for the new patch. We're currently working through the testing process so don't have a confirmed date yet; as soon as we do we'll update the thread.

NEW CONTENT/FUNCTIONALITY

- Increased the maximum number of online players from 8 to 12

BUG FIXES - CROSS-PLATFORM

- General game stability and performance improvements

- Improved car handling

- Fix for issue where some cars would bounce on their suspension during high load situations

- Fix for grass sometimes being displayed out of position

- Fix for intermittent incorrect driver duel results

- Fix for inverted balance slider operation

- Fix for online wins and losses occasionally being calculated incorrectly for drift races

- Fixed issue where loaned career car would inherit the player's career car tuning settings

- Fixed various usability issues with the advanced tuning screens

- Fixed lap timing for first lap of rolling start events

- Fixed car tuning settings sometimes not taking effect

- Fix to prevent rewinding past the start of instant replays

- Fixed car livery occasionally appearing all white during driver duel events

- Fixed incorrect screens being shown when player is disqualified

- Fix for occasional invisible opponents appearing during online drift events

- Fix for intermittent hang when skipping quickly through post-race screens

- Fix for intermittent hang when pressing X repeatedly in My Cars screen

- Fix for missing race groove on point-to-point tracks

- Prevented car livery resetting to default after an online race

- Fix for advanced tuning not staying unlocked on reload

- Fixed invitational event cars getting their setups corrupted and becoming undrivable (e.g. Veryon and Carrera GT)

- Fix for Lamborghini's having a low top speed when upgraded

- Fix for Corvette Z06 and Dodge Viper not able to move at the start of some events

- Fix for some upgraded AI cars bottoming out causing some instability over bumps

- Fix upgrade menu bug

- Fix for a force feedback strength settings save bug

- Fix multi-player settings for AI opponents and drift mode

- Fix for vinyls being incorrectly applied on rear wing

- Fix for a hang in lobby when accessing friend's list from car select

- Fix for profile load bug which skips save select menu when holding down Enter key

- Fix for jumping body parts when car resets

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!