NEurope
Nintendohnut

Mac OSX Snow Leopard

Yeh OSX will install on PC hardware. You need to do a little bit of research on what components work, but it still perfectly possible to install a Snow Leopard from the official disc without downloading a pre-patched version (iPC, and all that jazz). It does violate the EULA from Apple. But it's perfectly possible to get a 100% working and very statable OSX workstation. The community is continuously growing in size with a large number of tutorials and guides.

The older Macbooks are only 32-bit aren't they? The Core Duo ones I mean. Cos that is what my one is so I'm assuming I wont see much of an improvement in speed.

Any intel core 2 duo mac is 64-bit, but the really big gains are on macs which have 4GB and more of RAM in.

Any intel core 2 duo mac is 64-bit, but the really big gains are on macs which have 4GB and more of RAM in.

Actually that is wrong, all Core2Duo Macs are part 64bit but only the 45nm Penyrns are full 64bit.

Actually that is wrong, all Core2Duo Macs are part 64bit but only the 45nm Penyrns are full 64bit.

Truefacts, also you can boot into 64bit mode if you ever have a reason to, by holding down the 6 and 4 key on start up apparently :)

32bit FTW though, 64 won't matter for a good chunk of time yet.