NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

This one time, at Climate Camp...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8223543.stm

Has anybody seen about this shit on the news or owt? Tbh, I actually only just saw it, a bunch of people gathered on Blackheath for a 'Climate Camp' to help educate people in 'fighting' climate change, though to me it all sounds a bit....I dunno. It's not actually too far from me, I might hop on a bus and go check it out just out of boredom, but there's something about it which irks me. In fact, I don't know why, but the only thing I can think is 'fucking middle class hippies'.

What are other people's opinions on this whole charade? Is it worth it, will it achieve anything, is there any real point or does it just seem rather ridiculous? I can't seem to make my mind up.

EDIT: And here is their workshop schedules http://www.climatecamp.org.uk/actions/london-2009/programme

Edited by Rummy

Nature still rules over us, therefore we can't beat climate change.

Is it worth it, will it achieve anything, is there any real point or does it just seem rather ridiculous? I can't seem to make my mind up.

How would you feel if no one did anything? If no one cared?

It'll be interesting to see how many people remain once the faux-hippies up and leave after a few days without their xboxes and mobile phones. I'm sure the police will wait until the numbers dwindle before 'dispersing' the crowd with 'reasonable' force.

And Daft - this is hardly a revolution, but if we're lucky it's the first steps towards it!

And Daft - this is hardly a revolution, but if we're lucky it's the first steps towards it!

Yeah, I agree. I was trying to make that point. :heh:

Sign in to follow this