NEurope
Tellyn

Adopt a Word

Lol. Hmmm. If anyone wants to give to Charity then that's great. But you haven't made up the word and it's not named after you, it means nothing. I have the same cynical view point about most ''Adopt a...'' schemes. If people want to give money to save the Polar bears/Orangutans/Pandas then great, but does anyone really need them to ''write to you each month and include pictures''.

That reminds me of the time that we sponsored an African (I think) child when I was in Primary School. Our School sponsored the child and we did fundraising stuff and paid so much a week to fund thiiis. I don't remember ever seeing pictures or letters, but apparantly we got them. I reckon the child was actually from another part of Newport. Probably the Headmaster's son or something. Who knows.

Hmm, this scheme does seem a bit pointless.

"I've adopted a word."

"ok." [/conversation ended]

Setting fire to 20 quid notes will be just as fun. Wee, look at the buuurn.

If someone has managed to teach a polar bear to write, or even hold a pen, I'd say it was money well spent.

And if they've taught it to do one of those awesome self taken photographs, even better.

Just once I'd like someone to recieve a letter from a polar bear saying "Today was shit. It's the same crap every day. Walk around, catch a fish, eat a fish, walk around some more, visit the mailbox to post this shit letter. If I'm lucky, there will be a penguin or two to punch about a bit. Plus it's fucking freezing. I spent your money on booze to distract from the monotony."

QOTD for me :)