NEurope
Rummy

The Homebrew Channel

Bannerbomb v2 can be used to lauch the Hackmii Installer (v0.6) and install HBC (v1.0.6) on a Wii at 4.2

It's also recommended to install BootMii (beta 4) as it also fixes some bugs Nintendo left in their new boot2 in 4.2 :heh:

Im on 4.2 and ive just installed for the first time the Homebrew Channel using Bannerbomb.

I wasnt sure if I should install Bootmii or not so should I?

Will I have problems if I dont?

HELP. Trying to re-install all this and having problems... Got bannerbomb 2 but it just isn't working. It says boot.elf and boot.dol should be transferred over, but there isn't a boot.dol in the hackmii download...

OKay. Got it to work. But now when I load Bootmii (which I didn't particularly want to load it but you guys recommended it.) Well when it loads I can't do anything on the Bootmii thing!!

I'm worried....

HELP. Trying to re-install all this and having problems... Got bannerbomb 2 but it just isn't working. It says boot.elf and boot.dol should be transferred over, but there isn't a boot.dol in the hackmii download...

OKay. Got it to work. But now when I load Bootmii (which I didn't particularly want to load it but you guys recommended it.) Well when it loads I can't do anything on the Bootmii thing!!

I'm worried....

Bootmii uses GC controller or front buttons on the Wii system itself. Power button switches menus and restart button is to accept. Hope this helps.

Oh lord that is weird :) I'd figured out reset puts it back to normal wii. Think I'll delete bootmii :)

Cheers though Tapey!

Oh lord that is weird :) I'd figured out reset puts it back to normal wii. Think I'll delete bootmii :)

Cheers though Tapey!

Bootmii is essential IMO. Just good to have that safety net.

You can always remove your SD card upon bootup and Bootmii won't appear.

I've got my USB HDD up and running and I've installed 7 games from disc to it, but for some reason it wont let me do any more. It KEEPS crashing between 20-30% install no matter what game I put in. Can anyone help, please??

Hmmm thought: Maybe HDD game ripping is the main reason wii software isn't selling to the hardcore as well as it could be. Because all of those titles considered AAA (and thus appeal to the hardcore) are being ripped to HDD's the world over by 'hardcore, tech-savvy' gamers.

What Im saying is that people will get greedy and just download titles. Primarily those who maybe see the Wii as their family console or those who want a title from other shores. I nearly fell into this catagory yet I remembered how special it felt when I had Animal Crossing (GC) and SSBB on import. The actual physical media is important in itself. As well as keeping the console healthy.

Sounds to me like third parties are damned if they do and damned if they don't. (Proofs? HoTD: Overkill download amounts).

In response to Nicktendos Question. ..I have no idea. If you are doing something 'unofficial' you could just keep trying? Or alternatively go to the source of creation to seek your answer.

Edited by tapedeck

In response to Nicktendos Question. ..I have no idea. If you are doing something 'unofficial' you could just keep trying? Or alternatively go to the source of creation to seek your answer.

I'm using all legit, purchased software. Transfered Okami, Zelda TP, Wii Sports, Animal Crossing and MP3 (US versions) and Wii Sports Resort and New Super Mario Bros Wii (PAL) but since then nothing else will work... :hmm: I still have a good 25+ games I wanna run off the HDD to preserve the disk drive.

EDIT:- Seems like standing the Wii horizontally yields much better results. How strange...

Edited by Nicktendo