N-Europe

No Blu-ray thread?

Pancake

I just thought there should be one since more people are moving onto them? I'm looking for one right now, so does anyone have one they think is good enough to recommend? I'm tempted to go under £200 for one, but it's probably not a good idea.

It'd make sense to go Panasonic seeing as you're already using a Panny TV, you can control both devices through one remote and the TV will switch itself on when you put a disk in the Blu-Ray player. As for models i'm not really sure what the more expensive ones buy you. I know that when i bought mine the only significant difference between the BD35 and BD55 was a few extra connections on the 55 (stuff for connecting to older amps, not really usefull if your kit uses HDMI). Picture quality was supposedly the same on both and on all but the most expensive players.

Save a bit more and get a PS3. Seriously, if you're already going to spend £200 why not hold on a bit longer and get an incredibly robust machine like the PS3?

Exactly what I was thinking. Plus you get the choice of a load of games as well.