N-Europe

Threatening Letter from ACS:LAW about copyright infringement

James

Cheers guys seems just a ball ache and also a worry that some people will see this letter and pay straight up without even looking into it, or not knowing what it is. Shame

Still its not as bad as the people in india who ring you up claiming your computer might have virus' on it and they need to connect to your computer, they find some 'virus' in it and make you pay up for them to clean it, and they then probably dump a load of spyware in it, soon shut them ones up when I said I had a mac.

You have to make the incentive to find out if a download is copyrighted.

Usually it will have a license wich you can look up.

You know for a fact that if youve seen it in the shops, the odds are its illegal to DL.

There is no license to look up. Well not in the UK or Europe that I know of. European law on this is if you made it is yours and you have to prove it in court, no one files anything in an office somwhere for copyright.

If someone has copyrightten something someone may right the date thier name and ©. However you dont even need to do that anymore.

There is no license to look up. Well not in the UK or Europe that I know of. European law on this is if you made it is yours and you have to prove it in court, no one files anything in an office somwhere for copyright.

If someone has copyrightten something someone may right the date thier name and ©. However you dont even need to do that anymore.

Most of them have the license in them, which you can reaad before you download. Im ot saying i do, but there usually is.