N-Europe

IRC Mafia Official Thread

Dyson

Right, a quick thread!

There are a group of us on the N-E chat (So far 6 of us) who are willing to start a live NE Mafia game as a trial. The game is gonna kick off once we have at least 8 members present.

If you'd like to join, it's very simple, just join us in the N-Europe chat room and say you want the mafia game. We'll help you from there.

If you're interested join now and post here for integrities sake :)

Guest Maase

It will take about only 20 minutes.

A real time mafia with 20 minutes, no boring parts, nothing, just pure Mafia fun.

So, what are you waiting for?

You too, can join Real Time Mafia.

You too, can have the same fun you have in about 5 days... Except in 20 minutes...

And all you have to do is join the chat and talk with Dyson, The one who's organizing it.

So, let's do this...

What are you waiting for?

LET'S BEAT SOME GAMEEEEEEEES!!!

Awesome N-Europe Mafia...

N-Europe Mafia is Awesome

Guest Maase

The game worked much better than the thread games themselves.

Fast paced, very nervous inducing (this due to Dyson, not the game itself)

Well organized (Once again, due to Dyson).

And made us think a lot more, without having to make us search in pages and pages of information.

Overall: Great game.

However, my suggestion:

Let's organize this even better:

Like... Three days earlier, the boss says a particular hour, then, we all get there in about that hour, and mid hour later, we're ready to play :D

That way, we can even have huge mafias, without any problem.

PS: Also, I'm fucking proud of myself in this game, because I knew who was the mafia, altough no one believed me until the last day, when we had the last chance to win.

I'd like to see a mix-up of roles too.

Doctor/Protecter is predictable.

Maybe for the town: someone who can check who has a night ability (which includes all members of the mafia - they can all kill) or a hider (has to target someone every night - dies if they target a mafia member (or a twist on that - they get told they die, but don't actually die), and protective-wise someone who roleblocks anyone who targets a player (so the protectee can't be investigated and protected on the same night).

Simple changes, but add extra dimensions to the game.

Guest Maase
I'd like to see a mix-up of roles too.

Doctor/Protecter is predictable.

Maybe for the town: someone who can check who has a night ability (which includes all members of the mafia - they can all kill) or a hider (has to target someone every night - dies if they target a mafia member (or a twist on that - they get told they die, but don't actually die), and protective-wise someone who roleblocks anyone who targets a player (so the protectee can't be investigated and protected on the same night).

Simple changes, but add extra dimensions to the game.

To be honest, if organized a little better, we can do pretty much equal to every DIY we have here.

Its just needed to register beforehand, and then do the entire game in about 1 hour.

I don't get your obsession with DIY - considering it's really awkward when people choose annoying characters which don't translate to mafia well.

And I almost prefer games where there's only 2 or 3 townies with powers, and everyone else has to deal. It makes for a better game methinks.

Guest Maase

Well, yeah, I agree..

By DIY, I really only meant the most chaotic game, I just wanted to say that anything possible in the forum is possible in the Chatroom, that's what I mean.

Absolutely agree about the roles. The thing to remember about this is that it was very much a spur of the moment thing, and we thought we'd give it a trial run at short notice. In future you can certainly plan out certain roles and events to happen, but this was just to test the structure of the game and to see if it was possible. Better for it to be simple when testing the playability of the game as opposed to worrying about complex roleblocks etc.

I'd like to see another one of these go ahead.

IRL we play a game called werewolf, it's just a theme of mafia. But some of the characters they have (they have something like 40 diff. roles or something) are amazingly fun add-ins.

for example

Diseased - If a werewolf kills a diseased during the night, the next night they can't kill anyone due to being ill.

Hunter - If a hunter gets lynched he can kill a person of his choice as he dies.

There's also a char I can't remember the name of that when killed by the werewolf turns into a werewolf themselves.

Mafia players!

I'm about to run another Live Mafia game, taking place in the N-Europe chat room. If you want to take part please join the NE Chat Room via the link at the top of the page. Once there say you want to take part in the mafia and we'll sort you out from there.

If you're using an IRC Client to connect to the chat room, the server is Quakenet, and the channel is #n-europe and #nemafia

See you soon!

Guest Maase

First of all, allow me to say that, although I created this thread, I have no part on the organization of the IRC Mafia itself (Although I am a great fan), Dyson should be the credited one for that.

Now, in this thread, we shall discuss the organization of the IRC Mafia, also, we will remember all the games, seeing who won:

Mafia 1 (14/06/09):

Winner(s): Townies

Survivors at the end: Eddage, Ellmeister (Investigator) and Maase

Winner(s) who died: Haden and Molly (Protector)

Losers (From Mafia): Jayseven and Gizmo

Mafia 2 (21/06/09):

Winner(s): Townies

Survivors at the end: Molly (Mayor, double vote and can't be killed at night), Jayseven (Neutral who gets role from the first killed), Danny Dane (Bad Investigator), SCG (RoleBlocker) and Eddage (Bring Misfortune)

Winner(s) who died: raining_again, twozzok, ellmeister,

Losers (From Mafia): Maase (Investigator Investigator) and ReZourceman (Silencer)

-------------------------------------

Someone said that it should be done weekly this IRC Mafia thing, while it does sound good, I do believe it would end up being too boring, so maybe 2 times per month should be it? (Not counting with the first month, of course :P)

Anyways, this thread will also serve for Dyson and whoever wants to organize another IRC Mafia to warns us here, beforehand would be appreciated too.

Edited by Maase

Guest Maase

jayseven, could you put in the first post a link to the post in which my list is?

Just so that it doesn't get forgotten in the middle of the huge thread it might spawn from here :X