N-Europe

Media Playing software

McPhee

So, i'm completely and utterly pissed off with Media Player, suddenly it doesn't want to play any of my old iTunes files (i'm sure i had it working before i did a windows reinstall the other week). Tried Songbird, i like it but i'm having the same problem. iTunes is a no-no, i found it irritating and it's bloatware these days really (used to love it a few years back but the recent updates have been a step backwards).

Any suggestions? I hear Media Monkey is good, same goes for WinAmp.

So, i'm completely and utterly pissed off with Media Player, suddenly it doesn't want to play any of my old iTunes files (i'm sure i had it working before i did a windows reinstall the other week). Tried Songbird, i like it but i'm having the same problem. iTunes is a no-no, i found it irritating and it's bloatware these days really (used to love it a few years back but the recent updates have been a step backwards).

Any suggestions? I hear Media Monkey is good, same goes for WinAmp.

Funny you should say this, I just downloaded Media Monkey. Its pretty damn good from what I can see.

screenshot:

MediaMonkey.jpg

Also works with both MSN playage and Last.fm with tweakage (if that's your kinda thing)