NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
McPhee

Media Playing software

So, i'm completely and utterly pissed off with Media Player, suddenly it doesn't want to play any of my old iTunes files (i'm sure i had it working before i did a windows reinstall the other week). Tried Songbird, i like it but i'm having the same problem. iTunes is a no-no, i found it irritating and it's bloatware these days really (used to love it a few years back but the recent updates have been a step backwards).

Any suggestions? I hear Media Monkey is good, same goes for WinAmp.

Foobar2000. Highly customizable, but a fairly bare media player when you first get it.

There are a million plug-ins out there.

I've used J River Media Center now since version 9 and legally purchased upgrades all the way through to 13, I'd recommend it any day:

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/

It has features out of the ass I never use

So, i'm completely and utterly pissed off with Media Player, suddenly it doesn't want to play any of my old iTunes files (i'm sure i had it working before i did a windows reinstall the other week). Tried Songbird, i like it but i'm having the same problem. iTunes is a no-no, i found it irritating and it's bloatware these days really (used to love it a few years back but the recent updates have been a step backwards).

Any suggestions? I hear Media Monkey is good, same goes for WinAmp.

Funny you should say this, I just downloaded Media Monkey. Its pretty damn good from what I can see.

screenshot:

MediaMonkey.jpg

Also works with both MSN playage and Last.fm with tweakage (if that's your kinda thing)

A really good and totally free media player that to my knowledge plays almost all types of sound and video files with no hassle is VLC media player. It also has a handy playlist creator and can play DVDs. The installation file for the lastest version can be downloaded here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Sign in to follow this