NEurope
Dante

Zune HD To Be Shown In June

They're pretty determined not to pose any kind of threat to the iPod, aren't they? Guess I'll look into the Walkman X-Series instead.

Zune HD wont be released outside the US. :(

That's not what it says at all. It says that it will be US-only for the time being and that they are "looking at potential future hardware experiences for these markets, but do not have anything to announce right now.".

That literally just says that at the moment it is US only and they currently have nothing to announce for other territories. What did Ars expect? An email back with dates about a roll-out?

If it flops in the US we won't see it. If it does well I bet it's over here by next Christmas.

They're pretty determined not to pose any kind of threat to the iPod, aren't they? Guess I'll look into the Walkman X-Series instead.

I bought one of those off eBay the other day, should have it by tomorrow, I'll post impressions of it in here if anyone's interested. :)

As far as listening to Music is concerned I think the X series probably has the edge anyway, what with all the music technologies Sony have put into it.

Key Features

32GB X Series has enough storage capacity for 8,000 songs or 120 hours of video

Unrivalled sound

Integrated noise-cancellation

3" full colour OLED touchscreen display

Built-in Wi-Fi

Support for high-quality video

Multi audio and video format support

Specifications

Digital Noise Cancelling delivers amazing audio fidelity while blocking out external ambient noise (total suppression ratio of 17dB / 98%)

Noise Cancelling settings for bus, plane, train or office optimise noise cancellation for specific environments

or use Quiet Mode for general usage

S-Master Digital Amplifier produce crystal clear sound with no distortion or analogue signal errors - putting you centre-stage in the studio or concert hall

Clear Audio Technologies reproduce sound that's as true to the original source as it can be, for a mind-blowing listening experience

Clear Stereo and Clear Bass deliver a perfectly precise and clear sound, cutting out audio distortion whatever the volume

DSEE restores sound quality lost during file compression, recreating high frequencies as close to the original recording as possible

13.5mm EX earbud headphones for balanced rich sound quality, with unique closed and air-tight fit giving you deeper bass

Five band equaliser and VPT to customise music settings

Open format support for all major file types includes MP3 / MP4 / WMA / AAC / Linear PCM / AVC / WMV / JPEG

3" full colour OLED touchscreen display for razor-sharp, ultra-bright video playback in incredible detail and clarity (WQVGA 432x240 pixels / 262,144 colours)

16GB storage holds up to 4,000 tracks (128kbps mp3) or over 60 hours video playback (at 384kbps)

OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) technology for 100% colour reproduction, 10000:1 contrast ratio and wider viewing angles (up to 180 degrees)

OLED technology for super-quick response times (0.1ms) - giving you breathtaking results on screen, even with fast-moving action scenes like sports

Continuous playback for 33 hours of music and 9 hours of video

Hi-speed USB port, and easy charge (3 hours full charge)

Music searching by album, artist, genre, release year, playlists and folder

Video playback includes scene scroll, to stop and start content using intelligent touchscreen technology

Put your own soundtrack to photo playback, and create your own wallpaper using stored images

Import, preview and transfer music, photos and videos straight from your computer to your Walkman player with Content Transfer software

Quick start guide, USB cable, audio input cable and plug adaptor for in-flight use supplied

Dual hybrid touchscreen and button operation, for easy control on the move

Surf the web with built-in Wi-Fi: On-board connectivity lets you stream YouTube clips and podcasts

Pre-installed and customisable wallpaper graphics

Plus it looks much better Imo...

8821116x.jpg

Edited by S.C.G

Zune HD wont be released outside the US. :(

That's a shame, I'll probably skip a dedicated PMP now and choose the Nokia N900 for my new phone.

The lack of codec support kind of put me off this anyway. So I guess I'll be sitting and waiting for the legendary Samsung p4 to appear.

I really want the new Zune; but unless it's officially released in the UK I won't be getting it. It mostly comes down to the Zune Pass... unless I can get easy access to that then I may as well just stick with my current Zune.

@ S.C.G: Do you have to use that stupid sonic stage software? If you do you can count me out on that one. Never had to use such a terrible piece of software in my life. When I got my sony walkman I spent hours trying to find something so I didn't have to use sonic stage.

Ooooh, I remember having to use some Sony Jukebox software when I had one of their players. Terrible stuff.