N-Europe

Games that should have been better

They just felt like they had so much more, but once again similar to voice acting, the wonders of today are the downfall of these things. Fallout 3 is in a much smaller game world than the first ones, they had an overview of the world map that just allowed you to go from place to place without a map like that the world would be too large to completely render in the way of Fallout 3. In a way it may actually be larger, but it doesn't feel like it.

Fallout 1 and 2 could focus more on the key locations due to having a very basic world view, whereas Fallout 3 had to make a whole world. The focus is spread out more in Fallout 3 due to the world map actually being explorable, but there are some really nice attention to detail in some areas of Fallout 3 that a lot of people won't ever see/notice. I remember hearing of 2 skeletons that were on a bed and had obviously died hugging each other. I think Fallout 3s focus was more on atmosphere (which I thought was amazing), whereas 1 and 2 were more focused on story and interactivity.

I don't think 3 is better or worse than 1 and 2, just different.

Fallout 1 and 2 could focus more on the key locations due to having a very basic world view, whereas Fallout 3 had to make a whole world. The focus is spread out more in Fallout 3 due to the world map actually being explorable, but there are some really nice attention to detail in some areas of Fallout 3 that a lot of people won't ever see/notice. I remember hearing of 2 skeletons that were on a bed and had obviously died hugging each other. I think Fallout 3s focus was more on atmosphere (which I thought was amazing), whereas 1 and 2 were more focused on story and interactivity.

I don't think 3 is better or worse than 1 and 2, just different.

Exactly, I fully agree with this post.

I'll also make mention that I know what skeletons you're talking about. I took a picture of them at one point and I believe even posted it in the Fallout 3 thread. IIRC they were in a house at the one town with mines all through the streets and off in a wrecked building a sniper shoots at you.

Also, nice to meet someone else who has played the originals(I think, your post makes it sound like you have).

Edited by Nolan