NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
MidnightSun

Why Sony and Microsoft won't steal Nintendo's idea (this gen...)

I don't think Sony will steal it. They're probably going to release something new that looks uber cool(since thats what Sony fanboys care about) and try to draw people away from the Revolutions awesome-ness.

I can't wait to show people at my school the Revolution controller...=D

The Xbox 360, PS3 hardware and games are concrete now, they have no way to drastically change their game plan in light of Nintendo's new controller.

They're just going to have to stick with pretty but ultimately dated games in my opinion for this generation -- don't get me wrong; I like gaming how it is at the moment in some respects, I don't want to patronise people looking forward to Sony and Microsoft's consoles -- but I personally think it's time for change in the gaming industry. A rejuvination is needed to keep me interested in something i've been doing for over 10 years.

If they did try to intercept Nintendo they would only be able to produce a rushed novelty.

Nintendo need to pave the way and realise the controllers potential before it becomes standard.

Sony will probaly copy it for the ps4, by which time ninty reveal a vitual reality machine, with everything...

What Sony and Microsoft needs to do is convince people that the Revolution contorller is stupid and that video gamers of the year 2006 want normal standard control.

SSH!!

DON'T GIVE 'EM IDEAS! :mad:

Microsoft did tilt control before, with the Sidewinder series but that was a gimmick. Got one of the pads here and it ain't used much as no games were supported properly except maybe flight simulators.

What I worry about is that Nintendo marketing and 3rd party support needs a big bang up the arse.

Well, nobody really "stole" anything. Nintendo just came up with a new standard, that's all. Shoulder buttons and rumble in games are standard. Nobody really stole anything. They just built on already existing ideas.

Yeah, but I think what people are trying to get at is that Sony & Microsoft have done nothing to improve & change gameplay compared to Nintendo

Is it even possible for Microsoft and/or Sony to copy the Rev's controller? Doesn't Nintendo patents it's ideas? If they didn't they should cause if that thing takes off, it will be copied quickly

Is it even possible for Microsoft and/or Sony to copy the Rev's controller? Doesn't Nintendo patents it's ideas? If they didn't they should cause if that thing takes off, it will be copied quickly

There is always a loophole somewhere.

Sign in to follow this