N-Europe

Graphics card driver question

Pancake

So i was trying to update my Radeon HD 3200 graphics card, but ATI's site bizarrely misses out the 32 series in its list to choose from, so i looked for another source. Anyway, my question is, why do they have to force you to download so much crap? There's a list of items included in the download and only the first says "display driver", the rest is a bunch of other crap Like "multimedia centre" and "Catalyst Control Center". Are they essential to updating my driver?

This is where i'm downloading from: http://driverscollection.com/?H=Radeon%20HD%203200&By=ATI

I don't know what multimedia centre does but Catalyst Control Center is pretty useful. Essentially it lets you fine-tune what the driver should do and the display quality. Still it's not necessary but you can always prevent it from starting up automatically so I'd recommend installing it.

Isn't the 3200 an integrated chip? If so you should be contacting your motherboard (or PC) manufacturer for an update.

Anyhow, you probably do want the whole lot. CCC can be very useful (not sure what the media one is myself to be honest...)