N-Europe

custom resolutions for specific programmes.

flameboy

Playing on a samsung nc10 netbook with my resolution set to 1024x600 (which is the maximum) when I try to load up FML it says error unable to load as resolution needs to be 1024x768 or whatever it is I know people who have it on netbooks how the hell do I get it to work?

Found how to change resolution higher through unhidding settings. But then that obviously screws up everything else...is there no way to get a specific .exe to run at heightened resolution? I tried a programme called powerstrip but that only lets change resolution for everything, I want it so when I run football manager live it runs at the higher res but then when I switch apps to say the net it stays back at the default. otherwise have to scroll down for start button for example,

I know that you can change certain programs to start in certain ways from their shortcut icon... like my Football manager 2008 game does it in window'd mode, which can't be done through the game. I assume you can set specific resolutions.

If the program you want to start up absolutely can't use any lower resolutions though... I'd be rather confused - as the max resolution on your laptop is smaller than the resolution needed. Tried hooking up a monitor and displaying it window'd on there?

FMLive's minimum supported res is indeed 1024x768, I'm guessing the fixed gui elements simply don't resize, this is a known issue.

You should be able to force your monitor resolution to 1024x768 and then the vertical extra height will only be accessible through scrolling. Basically any solution is going to suck. Contact the support for the game directly, but I'd imagine they'll tell you the same thing - try attach an external monitor.