NEurope
Jimbob

Firefox is being an idiot

Anyone had a similar problem

When i go into Firefox to browse the net, it decides to keep loading something because next to the mouse icon is the loading circle (or egg-timer). It doesn't do this in Internet Explorer, and this has only incurred the last few days.

I've checked for updates and there are none atm, any suggestions??

Sorry to hijack your thread here, but Firefox has also stopped automatically signing me in on all websites and it's getting really annoying. It's as if it's not saving cookies or something. Any ideas?

Have you tried re-installing it?

This might help either of you.

Also, did you install any add-ons around when this began?

Anyone had a similar problem

When i go into Firefox to browse the net, it decides to keep loading something because next to the mouse icon is the loading circle (or egg-timer). It doesn't do this in Internet Explorer, and this has only incurred the last few days.

I've checked for updates and there are none atm, any suggestions??

This indeed happens for me too, using latest version of Firefox. Has also only been happening recently.

Also when clicking links, the egg timer displays and I could leave it forever and it wouldn't load the page. But then simply clicking the link again loads the page. It's as if some clicks of links are duds and clicking it again makes it load.

I have to admit I've been having my FF playing up too, but also my internet on a whole. The latest update to firefox I've noticed is the adblock plus plugin, but that shouldn't interfere with anything. But flushing all private data and junk minus browsing history seemed to clear things up.

The forever loading thing could be a firewall or router issue. My router wouldn't let me see all the images on deviantart pages as it was convinced there was a UDP Flood so I had to tinker with it a bit. Then I had a similar eggtimer problem with a firewall I used ... er ... *googles* ... Kerio!

My problem seems to be ok now, i just ran a few scans and its stopped doing that loading now.

I think it may of been a server problem as well, because the loading icon started showing on Internet Explorer as well.

As for the problem you are having Dyson, only recommendations i can give are to either check the Options and see what you have clicked in the Privacy section. Or re-install Firefox.