NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

Tennis Season 2009

I'm watching a bit of it online now via the BBC site. Great stuff from Verdasco! I would be supporting him anyway against Nadal, but Verdasco is really taking the game to him and its working! One more set, Fernando, vamos.

Epic match!!

10hrs of match tennis in 48hrs for Nadal, in the heat and at odd times of day!! Phenominal!!

He's raised the bar yet again!

Poor Fed... Nadal annoyingly peppered his backhand on what..99 percent of his serves? Whatever works though i guess. a

Poor Fed... Nadal annoyingly peppered his backhand on what..99 percent of his serves? Whatever works though i guess. a

Yeah. And Federer dealt really well with it too, but he just couldn't get any momentum going. Roger hasn't beaten Nadal in so long now, starting 2009 with the Oz Open and a win over Nadal would have been a great tonic.

And did anyone see the presentation after? Roger broke down into tears and Nadal looked to have a smarmy grin on his face as he watched. Total scum.

Yeah i saw the breakdown too. I almost wanted to cry too until i remembered that Fed is a bajillionaire with several of those giant cups at home. But as usual, the real low-point was the ever awkward trophy-biting sequence Nadal makes the press endure

We knew it already, but team GB are utter tripe and have lost the first two matches against the Ukraine today in the Davis Cup. A Swiss team with no Federer are to take on the USA, I think that one should be a formality for Roddick, Blake and the Bryan bros.

Sign in to follow this