N-Europe

Motherboard/PSU problem

The fish

Ok, as most of the regulars around this part of the forum know, I've recently gotten my hands on the components for a new PC. I've ran into a snag, however:

Once assembled, the power switch on the front, when pressed, did nothing. After checking all the connections (again), I've tested the PSU (both with a proper tester and a crafty "paper clip to see if the fan turns on" method), and it seems to be fine. However, when connected to the motherboard, the fan in it never turns on, suggesting that the motherboard is not completing the circuit, or my case's cables aren't being hooked up correctly to the Mobo.

I fear the Mobo may be DOA, but I may just be missing something.

Help! *whimpers*

Guest Jordan

We're talking about front panel connectors here? Okay, make sure the connector is the right way around. Yes, they do have a right and a wrong way. Try that first. Also, check your manual and make sure you have the connectors in the right places.

Test that your power switch itself is working. Ages ago I had a PC where the switch gave out and to turn it on we just touched the wires together.

Otherwise, I'd say just RMA it before you do something that will void the return process.

Test that your power switch itself is working. Ages ago I had a PC where the switch gave out and to turn it on we just touched the wires together.

Otherwise, I'd say just RMA it before you do something that will void the return process.

Tried that, and...nothing...

I've sent a return request and am now waiting for a reply.

On a side note, building this PC has possibly been the most stressful thing I've ever done. :indeed: