NEurope

The game is already selling below £20 (HMV, Amazon, ...), for those interested.

Thanks. I will get this ordered tomorrow along with Spyborgs which has also dropped in price already!

( 16.99@Amazon )

Thanks. I will get this ordered tomorrow along with Spyborgs which has also dropped in price already!

( 16.99@Amazon )

Spyborgs is £12.73 on TheHut.

I still went with amazon, never ordered from TheHut before.

They may be a bit slow (at least for customers outside of the UK), and I wouldn't recommend them for Blu-Ray discs (I received several re-sealed products instead of brand new ones), but they are good for videogames (never had any problems, and I bought plenty of games from them).

They usually have Wii games for crazy prices (The Conduit was £17 on release day, and they usually sell lots of recent Wii titles for less than £10 soon after release in special 1-2 day sales), so it's one of the stores to keep an eye on for Wii bargains.

Oh my lord. Just played this game. And it is AWFUL!! Beverage, what are you talking about? I did only play it for half an hour but god did I want to eat my controller... There are only about 6 characters to begin with, and do they actually have any special moves? I Tried doing Smash Bros stuff, didn't seem to work, instruction booklet doesn't seem to think it has moves... I hated it. Also, the stages are HORRIBLY intrusive!!! Every level causes more harm than the opponents...and can you really not play 2 V 2?!?!?

I'll give it another go, but god did it feel dreadful...

You really think it's that bad? My only issue was finding challengers. I thought that true gamers on this site would break down genres (in this case, brawling style fighting game) and see its values and have a blast, but obviously I were wrong.

In my opinion this game was designed with Wifi in mind, but with no challengers it can seem a bit dry, which i'm sure I've stated before. I said 'I' can handle it offline as I have many siblings but the online modes are way better just that there is no opponents.

Hell, i'm tired anyway :laughing: If you guys won't acknowledge this titles values then we may aswell all focus on the bigger and better games that are to come....

The pros

- unique brawler (weapon-based brawler)

- Wall jump attacks

- lag not being an issue so much online

- team AND tag stye matches

- tag moves

- clash-to-wrestle attacks (when hit at same time you go in a little weapon wrestle)

- Stages where you move and see different surroundings

- good controls but has big room for improvement

- WAAAAAY better AND much more wifi modes than brawls (all ssbb has is a lag-fest 2minute free4alls or teams, where it feels like your brawling CPUs. And ofcourse Friend Brawls, which rock :D)

- Bonus games were rather enjoyable (dodge kunais, avoid the sharks, get all the pizzas, reach the end etc)

The Cons

- feels a bit too floaty and stiff-ish

- not much choice o' characters

- THREE EFFING RABBIDS..... THREEEEEEE!!!! :nono:

- Stages are a bit dull

- Presentation and music of the whole game is a bit exhausted

- And if you wanna be picky, arcade mode sucked (but hey, it's meant for multiplayer fun and as i said, designed with wifi in mind)

The Verdict

Weighing the Pros and the cons on a set of scales, for a third party 'brawler', I say this is a cool brawler to have in your games library.

It's like, Smash Bros is the ultimate 'BRAWLER' but does that mean you'll never ever buy any other brawler? I believe just because mere individuals harshly strike titles in reviews and such, gamers don't take their own opinion and enjoy, they just stick with the Zeldas, SSBBs and stuff.

But if you don't like it Dazzy, fair enough buddy :hug:

Edited by Beverage

I can't believe Beebop and Rocksteady didn't make the roster. Just WTF were they thinking leaving out two awesome characters and putting in 3 rabbids..? Do the rabbids have individual move-sets or are they just different skins?

I can't believe Beebop and Rocksteady didn't make the roster. Just WTF were they thinking leaving out two awesome characters and putting in 3 rabbids..? Do the rabbids have individual move-sets or are they just different skins?

Lol i think they have different moves as you have a splinter rabbid, a leo kinda one and another one. Lol I don't use 'em, i just used them to annoy my opponents :laughing:

I agree, a WHOLE load of charcters could've and damn right should've been added. I say that's what hurt the game mainly, and prob' the wacky stages. :heh:

I think the reason for the lack of characters from anything before the 2003 series was pressure from Mirage studios. (and the Rabbids would be Ubisoft advertising?)