N-Europe

Venom LED Cooling Stand

canand

Before people throw money at this "problem", remember there are a couple of factors to consider with an overheating Wii.

Positioning. Make sure you give your Wii plenty of breathing space. Don't place it near heat sources (radiators, too close to your TV) or strong, direct sunlight. As tempting as it is, don't stack game cases against it.

cleanliness. Wii has a cooling system which should adequately disperse heat whilst playing. Make sure the inlet and outlet vents are clear of debris and fluff.

If you've checked the above and your Wii is still crashing, consider sending it off for repair, rather than paying out for new equipment. Simply put, your Wii shouldn't crash due to heat.

If you've checked the above and your Wii is still crashing, consider sending it off for repair, rather than paying out for new equipment. Simply put, your Wii shouldn't crash due to heat.

Yah, I did that, thanks for the advice by the way. Even though the unit is out of Warranty by at least a year, I'm not getting charged a penny for any of it. :smile:

Say what you will about Nintendo, but their customer service is top-notch. : peace:

Do you play on it for a long time?

It is good you can here the fan and the LED light is so bright.

I'm nearly ashamed to say it, but I have had 6 hour streaks on my Wii. A cople of times I've felt that the Wii's alarmingly warm, but that's been in the summer when I kept the console inside a constrained surface. When I opened the cupboard, the Wii quickly cooled down.

I'm nearly ashamed to say it, but I have had 6 hour streaks on my Wii. A cople of times I've felt that the Wii's alarmingly warm, but that's been in the summer when I kept the console inside a constrained surface. When I opened the cupboard, the Wii quickly cooled down.

I think I play it more than that and have my Wiiconet24 on.