NEurope
Sprout

This Month's NOM.

This viewtiful game is more of a side game so the ds version will probably be the last in the 'proper' series of 3 games.

Yeah I was embarrest(sp?) to buy it aswell. For some reason I seem attached to nom and keep on buying it, even though it has been goin down hill for a while now.

There's nothing wrong with being attracted to Pokemon. Grrr.

Anyway, I haven't read NOM in years, it was a bit pooey in my day, although I've heard it's improved.

There's nothing wrong with being attracted to Pokemon. Grrr.

Anyway, I haven't read NOM in years, it was a bit pooey in my day, although I've heard it's improved.

The reviews are written in proper paragraphs now, not just a bunch of screenshots in a box with a sentence like "Look at all these awesome guns wot you can shoot wiv!" or "Put yer granny outside if you're playin' this!".

The improvement over the N64-era mag is tremendous, and Tim Street deserves credit for making the mag more of a real games mag after it went so far astray. It just needs a bit more grown up style of writing now, and to stop assuming the readers are all kids. If they could get the writing up to NGC's standards, it could be easily the best Gamecube mag. CUBE rocks, but Wrestling on the front cover? That is SO 1999.

i garuntee it if it was a nintendo game it will get 10 more %

EXAXTLY! I mean Metroid Prime 2 was a good game but it was no way better than it's predacessor, but since NOM are such a bunch of queers they gave the game 97%. Then a few months later Resident Evil 4 comes out and they give it 95%! Resident Evil 4 is the best gamecube game by far, it's obvious they're saving 98% for Twilight Princess.

And the way they write their reviews is bad. Really bad. :angry:. I mean all they write is either:

1.Resident Evil 4 is great because the attention to detail they put into blowing off people's heads is amazing, but you'd better lock the door when playing it or your dad will go crazy!(Nothing about the gameplay, they also basically talk about the plot for a page or two).

2.Pokemon Leaf Green was amazing, even though it's a remake it's still a Nintendo game so it deserves 92%!(They also talk about how Pokemon is still cool).

These guys make the people on the Nintendo of Europe forums look like Sony fanboys.

EXAXTLY! I mean Metroid Prime 2 was a good game but it was no way better than it's predacessor, but since NOM are such a bunch of queers they gave the game 97%. Then a few months later Resident Evil 4 comes out and they give it 95%! Resident Evil 4 is the best gamecube game by far, it's obvious they're saving 98% for Twilight Princess.

And the way they write their reviews is bad. Really bad. :angry:. I mean all they write is either:

1.Resident Evil 4 is great because the attention to detail they put into blowing off people's heads is amazing, but you'd better lock the door when playing it or your dad will go crazy!(Nothing about the gameplay, they also basically talk about the plot for a page or two).

2.Pokemon Leaf Green was amazing, even though it's a remake it's still a Nintendo game so it deserves 92%!(They also talk about how Pokemon is still cool).

These guys make the people on the Nintendo of Europe forums look like Sony fanboys.

personally prime 1 deserved the 97% rather then prime 2

How do all the various gaming mags compare? I buy NGC and NOM fairly regularly but I've never bought Cube - I don't like the fact it's usually sold in a plastic bag so I can't flick through and the cover features/lines never really appeal.

I don't buy any of the multi-format magazines cos I've only got a Gamecube, DS and GBA, so wouldn't read the rest of the mag.

CUBE is a pretty awesome magazine, I buy it.

I've never read NGC, but CUBE is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than NOM.

The free DVDs are nice too, although I miss the free cheat disks.

Hmm, might take a look at Cube then. When's the next issue out? What's in the current one?

Well, this month has.. some half naked woman on the front. (Wrestling game).

It's got King Kong screens, a Killer 7 walkthrough, and GUN on the DVD.

Next issue is out on the 22nd.

(What am I? CUBE's pimp?)

Ha ha, cheers! :lmao:

Just wondered whether it was worth a trip to the shops or not! Might as well wait until Thursday for the new issue.

Yeah, I'd wait for the next issue if I were you.

It's the 50th issue on the 22nd too, so they're getting all gooey - eyed and talking about old times.

Should give you a feel for the magazine.

NGC had a bit of a dark patch where it stopped being interesting, but since the launch of DS or so, it's improved again.

NGC had a bit of a dark patch where it stopped being interesting, but since the launch of DS or so, it's improved again.

I found the mag was at it's poorest around the Starfox Adventure's era. It just lacked a certain warmth it always had.

I just think they should pull Wil Overton back from Rare, get him to do the cover ever issue and rename it Super Play.

Oh, btw, that Perfect Dark comic - is that drawn by Wil?

I just think they should pull Wil Overton back from Rare, get him to do the cover ever issue and rename it Super Play.

Oh, btw, that Perfect Dark comic - is that drawn by Wil?

Looks like it :grin:

They 'traded' Will to Rare around the PD launch didn't they? Those were the days :happy:

Yeah. They let him go so they could get the first review copy of Zero :-p Not gonna happen now.

Speaking of NGC, do you know who drew Enjiki? It really looks like Will's work.

Doesnt matter though, Worldy Bloke was way better :p

Hey, I loved all of Wil Overton's covers on Super Play. Is it he who gave Joanna Dark the sexy makeover for PD0? :awesome:

I found the mag was at it's poorest around the Starfox Adventure's era. It just lacked a certain warmth it always had.

thats 'bout the time i got and i thought it was shit, so maybe ill try again.