NEurope
Adrian DX

Cheap place to stay in London?

Hi everyone

I need a cheap place to stay in London for 2 nights, anyone got any tips?

I want to live as cheap as possible, but not too shitty.

And in case you're wondering.. Me, my girlfriend and a friend are going to London to see Four Year Strong (http://www.fucktheguywhoownsfouryearstrong.com on Dec. 1 ^^

Oh, and I hope this thread is legal, after all it is general. And I ask in this forum specifically because most people here live in the UK.

Hey dude. You should look into [uirl=http://www.hostellondon.com/]hostels[/url]. You can find places as cheap as £20 a night, but usually this price is reserved for large-ish dorms where you may be required to share with four, five or even ten strangers. With most hostels you will get little more than a bed and a small locker to keep your belongings in, but often there is a free breakfast.

We had a small n-e meet-up in lodon, and we stayed at the Clink Hotel. There were 6 of us and while it was not glamorous, it provided a place to crash. We did have a few problems, but for our needs it was good enough; a five-minute-at-the-most walk from King's Cross stations.

Travel Lodge and Premier Inn (Travel Inn) have way nicer facilities, usually with en-suites included, but you will be looking at increased costs and increased distance from the city centre.

This post has included links to three separate hostel search sites, and the prices shown are not all for two adults, so you should mess around with the search options.

This thread is legal ;) No worries about that. Just establish your price range and distance you're willing to travel. If the gig finishes late then it'll be essential you take that into account - taxiing across london is not an efficient way to travel!

p.s. your link doesn't work :P their myspace'd be better. I note the gig starts at 7.30 so you'll be looking at travel around 10 or 11pm. Let's hope someone with a better knowledge of public transport offers their advice on that.

you should try couchsurfing.com!!

i heard about it a while ago ~ sounded like a great way to meet people and backpack... i'm sure a 2 night stay wouldnt be a problem! ^_^

You can stay at an Express Holiday Inn. They're pretty cheap.

http://www.ichotels.com

Think thats the website, just put in London the dates, then it'll show all the ones in london. Simple night stop, may not include breakfast.

If you look at travelodge you can get a room from £15 a night if you boook in advance. Pretty good value, and there's a lot of them dotted around london.

I'm guessing you don't know anyone in london who could put you up then? If I wasn't in my parents' house, I'd probably have offered to put you up myself considering it's only for 2 nights! Looks like the most viable option will be a hostel like people've suggested, but I don't know much about hostels in london(as there's generally no need for me lol).