NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rummy

Nintendo Wii Lens Cleaner

According to Kotaku(i dont read it, a friend just linked me) a Lens Cleaner is being released for anyone who's suffering from a dirty Wii!

http://kotaku.com/5063040/now-you-can-clean-your-wii-lens

Which IS all well and good, but seriously, why didn't they have this thing out months ago? Or as soon as they knew there was a potential problem? I think it's silly, they have the money and resources, it should have been a top priority, and I imagine most people who HAVE had dirty wiis probably got them cleaned a long time ago already.

I'm surprised it took them this long to be honest.I could have used one for the Gamecube as it would have stopped me from trying to clean it myself which in turn stopped it from reading games altogether.

They do this AFTER I send my wii in for them to do it...pfft

Well my guess is it won't even be released in Europe... Does anyone know if you can import it from Japan??

Well my guess is it won't even be released in Europe... Does anyone know if you can import it from Japan??

Play-Asia have it in stock over here.

I was getting the 'Unable to read disc' errors this past weekend when loading up Brawl so I ordered the Wii lens cleaner kit.

It came this morning and now having used it has cured my unable to read disc problems.

I was supprised to see how much dirt was on the white pad when I removed the tool from my Wii.

So much easier and hassle free than having to send the Wii back to Nintendo to fix it.

Rightly off topic, but does everyone vacuum around their Wii on a regular basis? Could help ensure your Wii's don't get too much dust inside.

Rightly off topic, but does everyone vacuum around their Wii on a regular basis? Could help ensure your Wii's don't get too much dust inside.

I think it's depends on where you put it? You've just reminded me that mine is on the floor at home (it's been embarrassingly donated to my mother for she got Wii Fit for Christmas...) but I imagine that my OCD parents have the lounge vacuumed frequently. Otherwise, my Wii is usually on some sort of cabinet or shelf and I've never had any severe problems - maybe they're still waiting to happen?

Something like this should be like the jackets - free to acquire for existing customers and packed in with new consoles - if they're selling games that are bound to pick up such a fault then they really should make provisions for it!

Would the lens cleaner sort the problem of the game not running when selected from the disc channel? Maybe 1 in 3 times I go to play a game now it does this. Screen goes blank to load the disc, and then just never does requiring a power lead removal in order to reset.

Would the lens cleaner sort the problem of the game not running when selected from the disc channel? Maybe 1 in 3 times I go to play a game now it does this. Screen goes blank to load the disc, and then just never does requiring a power lead removal in order to reset.

I get that from time to time. It seemed to happen most when I was playing Fire Emblem actually. Nowadays I try and wait a few seconds between clicking on the channel and hitting the start button to get the game going.

Since getting AC I've noticed that my disc drive whirrs when playing the game. I thought it was pretty silent before...?

Well when I had the Wii and I imported Brawl with the Freeloader the Wii stopped playing discs after about a months good usage. I then got an ordinary lens cleaner, put it in and then I realised that the instructions require you to do something in the menus. So I took it out thinking it had done nothing and then I put Brawl in and it worked.

I get that from time to time. It seemed to happen most when I was playing Fire Emblem actually. Nowadays I try and wait a few seconds between clicking on the channel and hitting the start button to get the game going.

Since getting AC I've noticed that my disc drive whirrs when playing the game. I thought it was pretty silent before...?

Yeah waiting a little bit for it seems to help, but it still happens far too often for my liking.

As I have not received mine yet and I don't think so that I will be able to read the japanese instructions,I have some questions for the people who have bought it.

1)Can you use it unlimited times?

2)Is there any way to clean the white pad from the dirt after the usage?

3)Is there any recomendation in the manual for how often you can use it?

Thanks a lot.

You can just hold the off button for 4 seconds. It should into full standby.

Is your Flash Memory full? I found this when loading Animal Crossing fairly regularly, have since removed a fair few channels and it seems fine... Might just be co-incidence, since i can't see why it'd need access to the flash storage.

Another possibility is jumping from channel to channel. Something i now avoid doing.

Sign in to follow this