Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Favourite Quotes

Falcon_BlizZACK

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh by the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing....

relentc.jpg

....go kill yourself.

Other quotes I find quite interesting are:

'Charity is a cold grey loveless thing. If a rich man wants to help the poor, he should pay his taxes gladly, not dole out money at a whim'.

'The Jews should have offered themselves to the butcher's knife. They should have thrown themselves into the sea from cliffs'

Kudos to anyone who can tell me who said them - they are from two different people.

Another good one - 'I do not consider Hitler to be as bad as he is depicted. He is showing an ability that is amazing and seems to be gaining his victories without much bloodshed.'

Those last few sound quite...err...fun.. I picked up a copy of Wall and Piece by Banksy the other day(quite literally picked up, it was in the office at work, ironically amongst the folders about procedures and policies) and I had a flick through, never known about Banksy before, but I found some of the art and the quotes really quite interesting.

"A lot of mothers will do anything for their children, except let them be themselves."

If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. But the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever.

- Woody Allen

I shot my typewriter once with a Nine Millimeter. Bastard never knew what hit it.

- Hunter S. Thompson

"I was saying boo-urns." - Hans Moleman

"Sperm is like lending a fiver, you can't really ask for it back." - Peep Show

"Fabric said they didn't want the mix (How dumb is that? Justice could fart through a vocoder and it would go double uranium.)" - Random Internet Comment

"I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes."

- Hunter S. Thompson

"I Am Lightning, the rain transformed."

-Raiden, MGS4

I have always found that mercy bears richer fruit than strict justice.

- Abe Lincoln

"Last night I dreamt

That somebody loved me.

No hope, no harm,

Just another false alarm." - The Smiths

Man—every man—is an end in himself, not the means to the ends of others.

- Ayn Rand

"Your confusion, my illusion, worn like a mask of self-hate, confronts and then dies." - Ian Curtis, Joy Division

"You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton. I never saved anything for the swim back."

- Vincent, Gattaca

Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty... I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led diffcult lives and led them well.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Those who speak of love most promiscuously are the ones who've never felt it. They make some sort of feeble stew out of sympathy, compassion, contempt and general indifference, and they call it love.

- Gail Wynand

To sell your soul is the easiest thing in the world. That’s what everybody does every hour of his life. If I asked you to keep your soul - would you understand why that is much harder?

- Howard Roark

Every form of happiness is private. Our greatest memories are personal, self-motivated, not to be touched. The things which are sacred or precious to us are the things we withdraw from promiscuous sharing.

- Gail Wynand

To be nobody-but-yourself -- in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else -- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

- E. E. Cummings

No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun — for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax — This won't hurt.

- Hunter S. Thompson

Amen, brother. AMEN. :bowdown:

Though i found that raiden part to be a bit chessy.

"I do not fear this new challenge, rather, like a true warrior - I will rise to meet it!" - Vegeta

Amen, brother. AMEN. :bowdown:

Though i found that raiden part to be a bit chessy.

Haha! Yeah, it was super cheesy but I have a soft spot for Raiden and voice samples put through a vocoder. :heh:

Plus apparently if you have subtitles on it reads "I am lighting, the rain transformed". :p

"And a man sat alone... drenched deep in sadness... and all the animals drew near to him and said: "we do not like to see you so sad... ask us for whatever you wish and you shall have it."

The man said: "I want to have good sight..."

The vulture replied:

"you shall have mine."

The man said: "I want to be strong..."

The jaguar said: "you shall be strong like me."

Then the man said: "I long to know the secrets of the earth."

The serpent replied:

"I will show them to you."

And so it went with all the animals.

And when the man had all the gifts that they could give...

...he left

Then the owl said to the other animals: "Now the man knows much and is able to do so many things...

The deer said:

"The man has all that he needs, now his sadness will stop."

But the owl replied: "no"

"I saw a hole in the man... deep like a hunger he will never fill... it is what makes him sad and what makes him want. He will go on taking and taking...

Until one day the world will say: "I am no more and I have nothing left to give..."

This is a Native American quote which represents the battle within - and it is a prophecy of what materialism will do to you and the world.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!