NEurope
Letty

London MCM Expo 2008!

As you may know, London Expo is fast approaching!!

Its on 25th and 26th of October (a little bit more than 2 weeks away!) at the eXcel building in the middle of London's Royal Docks (about 10 mins from Canary Wharf) Its accessible via the DLR line of the underground!

Tickets - £9 for over 15's, and can be ordered in advance on the Expo website: http://www.londonexpo.com/

Exciting people such as Parkman and The German - from Heroes - are going to be there to give autographs and the like, aswell as Col. Tigh from Battlestar Galactica.

Also, there is a hands on games section which (this year) has the new Prince of Persia, Farcry 2, Naruto the Broken Bond, Dead Space, and Arcade Street Fighter IV.

There's also gonna be a Rockband tournament!

Aswell as all this, there are little stalls around the place selling Japanese sweets and action figures and other nerdy paraphenalia. Its awesome!

Cosplay is also the norm. (I'm going as DJ Sisen :love:)

Sooooo, I was wondering, who's going? Whats your cosplay?

Hypeee!!!!

:yay:

I'm going on the Saturday! :D

Should be awesome as it's the day after my birthday so I will have a fair bit of money to spend, unlike last year where I didn't really have much money after I paid for the ticket!

I was originally going on my own as it anyone that would want to go with me was away but then someone really likes Heroes and wants to get Parkman's Autograph Photo if he can and probably stalk him for the rest of the day like he did with the Haitian last year. :heh:

And I may just queue up for my tickets as it isn't that bad and last year was quite fun. :) The games at this years show sound much better than last year as well!

I'm not going dressed up as anyone though! :p (though someone I know is going dressed as Naruto I think, that should be funny :laughing:)

So yeah I'm excited! :yay: As long as I don't get lost on the Underground and DLR.

Who are you going as Letty again? How is the costume coming along?

I'll be there, but, in general these expo's are really poor. I never really find anything to enjoy at them.

I litterally just go for cosplay. :-/ I'll be KY Kiske. Not really my choice of character, but, the costume is alright.

I went one year to get the guy who does Edward Elric's voice, but I don't think I could go again. It wasn't the whole expo thing, because I regularly go to other conventions. But it was the mass children pretending they were japanese, or people offering free hugs, peace signs and winks everywhere. Just done my head in. Fair game if you like all that jazz, but thats just not me.

I think I'll probably be going with the Kent Anime society. Which'll be... interesting.

But it was the mass children pretending they were japanese, or people offering free hugs, peace signs and winks everywhere. Just done my head in. Fair game if you like all that jazz, but thats just not me.

Argh! I hated those people! There was an infestation of those people in my school and their attitude was so stupid. It made me feel queasy. :/

Oh god no, those free hugs were the bane of my life then!!!

One girl actually ran up to me, hugged me so hard that she lifted me into the air, then ran away again. Wtf!!!

Who are you going as Letty again? How is the costume coming along?

She said it in her opening post CB. :hmm:

(I'm going as DJ Sisen :love:)

2920944.jpg

Arcade Street Fighter IV.

:o

Lucky you! :sad:

If I manage to get it done I might be there for the weekend. I should act soon I guess.

Bastard hotel thing will cost loads at this time of the month.

If I manage to get it done I might be there for the weekend. I should act soon I guess.

Bastard hotel thing will cost loads at this time of the month.

There's always room at mine!! :D

So anyway, I finally got the last little bits for my costume today (neon stripey tights!)- its freaking awesome!

Anyone that's going, come and say hello to me - I'll be working on the NEO magazine stand all weekend. Hard work, but at least you get a free hotel for the weekend, and lunch and drinks from Costa on expenses. :)

Anyone that's going, come and say hello to me - I'll be working on the NEO magazine stand all weekend. Hard work, but at least you get a free hotel for the weekend, and lunch and drinks from Costa on expenses. :)

Great, I'll try and come and say an awkard hello! : peace:

Also I think you will be fairly easy to spot Letty. :heh: That outfit is going to look awesome. :awesome:

Nice one! I'll definetly come along and say hi :smile:

There's always room at mine!! :D

So anyway, I finally got the last little bits for my costume today (neon stripey tights!)- its freaking awesome!

Now that's a mighty good offer. I might take you up on that.

Blergh I wanted to go to the expo, but at thorpe on that saturday, then coming back home on sunday :/

Oh god no, those free hugs were the bane of my life then!!!

One girl actually ran up to me, hugged me so hard that she lifted me into the air, then ran away again. Wtf!!!

That's the kind of hug I do.

Iv'e been like 3 times, and I find it pretty disappointing each time, the only good thing was seeing my 24 TV heroes!

Iv'e been like 3 times, and I find it pretty disappointing each time, the only good thing was seeing my 24 TV heroes!

:heart:

I met Agent Pearce/Pierce/Peauiririeice the one time I went. Can't remember the actors name but don't think I could have been any happier either. What a legend..:heart::heart::heart:

Here's some pics :)

Me and Stefkov

28712078zz4.jpg

Joker

48118249ah6.jpg

Awesome Dude

35989152gf3.jpg

FALCON PUNCH dude (He yelled that too)

40802627yz8.jpg

Altair

48542626wx5.jpg

Dabookerman, Demonmike, Guy. (We found them :D )

65027684gm3.jpg

What the hell happened to Guy's hair!? Was it all the Apple he's been consuming?!

Letty that is an excellent Cosplay! :grin:

I saw that Joker, Altair and awesome face too! For once I didn't get hugged! Though someone was offering a Radish in exchange for one!

I also so a hilarious fat chinese guy dressed as Naruto! :p

It was as I predicted my friend followed Matt Parkman around for most of the day while me and my other friend went off wandering. Also Daphne/Speedster Girl is really small.

For lunch I had noodles in a box which was suprisingly tasty and all for £3.75. :D

Purchase of the day is my futurama poster or My munchlax toy. :heh: