N-Europe

Killzone 2

Daft

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be on tonight. Trying to arrange a test clan match for us around 7ish. Would make a good practice run.

Thinking which clan though. I know major websites have euro clans. I can even try randoms. There are also tournament websites for KZ2. I will have a look again and definately arrange something(maybe neogaf eu, avforums or ps3 blog? they are hard).

I cant seem to upload our clan logo(or my own player logo) but here it is:

4kbkh5.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/4kbkh5.jpg

There is a vid where someone performs it with ease during a match, getting headshots almost every time. Anyways, I dont and can't use it because I use the original controls, which really down allow you to zoom in like that all the time, and I never use the zoom when in close quarters, which is where I get most of my kills, especially as I am using the engineer mainly. Does not make sense really.

Those videos are heavily edited to kills only and the guy still takes longer than killing normally in most cases! That was the first video i saw and quite frankly its not practical to do even if you can be a robot, not spasm out and tap like that. Try it yourself. It is not that effective and is horrible to do. Which is why i guess hardly anyone is making a big deal about it on forums. Its hardly much of an exploit and easy to patch out.

Edited by Choze

I will be on tonight. Trying to arrange a test clan match for us around 7ish. Would make a good practice run.

Thinking which clan though. I know major websites have euro clans. I can even try randoms. There are also tournament websites for KZ2. I will have a look again and definately arrange something(maybe neogaf eu, avforums or ps3 blog? they are hard).

I cant seem to upload our clan logo(or my own player logo) but here it is:

4kbkh5.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/4kbkh5.jpg

Those videos are heavily edited to kills only and the guy still takes longer than killing normally in most cases! That was the first video i saw and quite frankly its not practical to do even if you can be a robot, not spasm out and tap like that. Try it yourself. It is not that effective and is horrible to do. Which is why i guess hardly anyone is making a big deal about it on forums. Its hardly much of an exploit and easy to patch out.

There is already a 19 page topic (when I checked yesterday) on this topic alone and even the beta testers are saying it's a serious issue. Also, it's an issue when it comes to long range as you dont even have to aim properly, just in the vicinity of an enemy, get that thing to snap you in place, then shoot. Also, it would not take less time to kill the person if they are strafing you continually. With the missed shots, readjustment of aim and your own strafing factored in, the kill would be more difficult than snap zoomine w/e it's called ensuring the enemy is always in your sights.

Added two tournaments today. Lets see how they go. Between 7 and 8:30 pm GMT. We can even challenge a clan directly but most active clans promoting themselves are very strong.

There is already a 19 page topic (when I checked yesterday) on this topic alone and even the beta testers are saying it's a serious issue. Also, it's an issue when it comes to long range as you dont even have to aim properly, just in the vicinity of an enemy, get that thing to snap you in place, then shoot. Also, it would not take less time to kill the person if they are strafing you continually. With the missed shots, readjustment of aim and your own strafing factored in, the kill would be more difficult than snap zoomine w/e it's called ensuring the enemy is always in your sights.

I have the beta tester tag too. :wink: Overall its nothing to worry about. It will be patched but its not that effective in the meantime either.

Note how this person is mostly flanking, behind or catching people by suprise mainly. I am not seeing fast kills either.

There is no defending that glitch Choze, that is awful. It is actually really powerful and no doubt loads of people have killed me by using it.

Just tried it and for mid-long range it is really effective, couldn't believe it. I won't be using it but christ whoever is responsible for that slipping through needs to be fired.

I'll be around tonight then between those sorta times for KZ2 fun...love the N-Elites logo Choze...good work

I kind of just experimented and went simple. Wanted to use a flame version of the N-europe logo but i kept messing it up. So i went gray and blue. Decent for temp logo imo. Shame website wont let me upload anything. I will try to fuse a Helghast elite or something later. See you on.

There is no defending that glitch Choze, that is awful. It is actually really powerful and no doubt loads of people have killed me by using it.

Not that effective or maybe i am just that good :heh: Its unlikely to have been used on me, especially since hardly anyone knows about it. As far as exploits go this is tame, lol.

For example: the recent cod games have had much worse issues and even had their leaderboards/stats hacked for fake points!

I won't be using it but christ whoever is responsible for that slipping through needs to be fired.

This sort of stuff happens all the time in competitive online games especially fps. Its up to the developer to keep tabs on this stuff and update. Sony have an excellent record going by Resistance and Warhawk patches/fixes. So dont worry, there is no need to be stressed. :smile:

What?! It's the worst error that's ever been made in an online FPS game... I'm sorry but I've used it a few times in one match and it got me rediculously high in 1st place because I was picking people off that I didn't really realise were there.

I'd say I'm fairly good but its so exploitable I can't believe you're trying to dumb it down. Well I can but....

I have the beta tester tag too. :wink: Overall its nothing to worry about. It will be patched but its not that effective in the meantime either.

Note how this person is mostly flanking, behind or catching people by suprise mainly. I am not seeing fast kills either.

Yeah I have seen you post before in the KZ forums. Hence why I said beta testers are complaining. It shows that even they have noticed how rediculous this is.

I kind of just experimented and went simple. Wanted to use a flame version of the N-europe logo but i kept messing it up. So i went gray and blue. Decent for temp logo imo. Shame website wont let me upload anything. I will try to fuse a Helghast elite or something later. See you on.

Not that effective or maybe i am just that good :heh: Its unlikely to have been used on me, especially since hardly anyone knows about it. As far as exploits go this is tame, lol.

For example: the recent cod games have had much worse issues and even had their leaderboards/stats hacked for fake points!

This sort of stuff happens all the time in competitive online games especially fps. Its up to the developer to keep tabs on this stuff and update. Sony have an excellent record going by Resistance and Warhawk patches/fixes. So dont worry, there is no need to be stressed. :smile:

Logo looks very cool. Anyways others in the forum have likened that exploit to the CoD stupidness you are talking about. All I know is that, as a shotgun user, I am already at a massive disadvantage, obviously with a massive advantage thrown in there, but imagine if an assault player uses this. Not my cup of tea.

EDIT: Anyways, I really wanted to play in the clan match but it looks like it did not happen anyways. anything scheduled for tomorrow?

I have created a 5v5 tournament for Thursday. So any clan is welcome to challenge us. Check details in the game. Also Officers are free to create challenges to clans. I can arrange one with avforums but it may take time. :) Will join more too but seems like clans want to know way in advance...

I will try uploading the logo but it says rejected to our moto... website issue.

What?! It's the worst error that's ever been made in an online FPS game...

You are massively overeacting.

Online games and exploits are very common but also fixed quickly.

I'm sorry but I've used it a few times in one match and it got me rediculously high in 1st place because I was picking people off that I didn't really realise were there.

I'd say I'm fairly good but its so exploitable I can't believe you're trying to dumb it down. Well I can but....

It will be fixed in no time. Especially since its simple. Then it will be forgotten like other bugs. Much like the shotgun auto aim earlier. As i said do not worry about these little issues. :grin:

I'd rather they fix clan glitches :heh:

Sorry I didn't make it tonight...was doing some ironing whilst watching Lost, just one episode turned into 3 and I got all my ironing done. Watching Heroes now, I think I'm gonna play some more Resi after that...will try make it on Thursday night for the clan match though if I'm welcome to.

Thursday night could have multiple matches so any 5 welcome. :smile:

Big clans have 64 members and have multiple matches at one time infact. We have to bet 10 valor so lets makeit good. I am happy to not take part if others want to. :)

Yes it will be fixed, but can you not see that it is such a bad mistake? Please admit it, I know you'll defend it but please - this is so bad that it's worth moaning about.

Its worth moaning about abit but its hardly the end of the world.

Also its not as bad as the earlier shotgun exploit which you dont seem aware of. I eagerly await the next patch for many reasons but this is pretty low down since its obviously going to be fixed.

killzone%202%20-online2-2.jpg

http://92.48.84.213/~vetromed/images/playstation_3/killzone_2/multi-player/killzone%202%20-online2-2.jpg

starting to like repair ability :D

Here is a scoring table for those who are not sure abotu how to earn points:

This is all assuming you have 100% of the badges and are playing an objective.

General Scoring

1 point for each Kill

-1 point for each suicide

-1 point for each team kill

1 additonal point for melee kill with Black Belt Badge

1 additonal point for headshot kill with Head fetish Badge

Bodycount

2 points for each enemy kill.(+1 additonal point per kill for Corpse Counters Badge, Body Count game only)

-1 point for each suicide.

-1 point for each team kill.

1 point for each turret you destroy.

Assassination

5 points if you survive as target.(+2 additional points with Bodyguard Aliance medal).

3 points mortally wounding the target.(+1 additional point with Assassins League medal). Only awarded if the target is subsequently finished off.

2 points for finishing off the target (+1 additional point with Assassins League medal)

Capture & Hold

2 point for killing enemies in mission area receive (+1 additonal point for Defense Initiative Badge)

Search & Destroy

2 points for placing an explosive charge that successfully detonates.(+1 additional point with Bomb Squad medal)

1 point for defending players killing enemies in a mission area receive (plus the point scored for killing an enemy).

Search & Retrieve

3 points for returning a mission objective successfully(+1 additional point with Retrieval Corps medal)

Class Points

Medic

1 point for revival

Engineer

1 point for each kill your Turret makes.

1 point for each repair

Tactician

1 point for Airborne Strike kill

Assault Class

No additional points?

Saboteur Class

3 points for each kill whilst disguised

Scout Class

3 points for each kill whilst cloaked

http://www.avforums.com/forums/killzone-ps3/957171-point-scores-online-games.html

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

As I mentioned in the Post Your Purchases thread I picked up Killzone 2 today.

Im not massively impressed so far, I dont think its bad but I dont see anything putting it ahead of all the other shooters out there.

The loading jerks in the middle of levels are really pissing me off aswell.

To be honest im starting to regret not buying the Mega Drive pack instead, I think I would get more fun out of that.

As I mentioned in the Post Your Purchases thread I picked up Killzone 2 today.

Im not massively impressed so far, I dont think its bad but I dont see anything putting it ahead of all the other shooters out there.

The loading jerks in the middle of levels are really pissing me off aswell.

To be honest im starting to regret not buying the Mega Drive pack instead, I think I would get more fun out of that.

Just keep playing. If you have played other fps then dont play on the easiest mode. Medium is recommended strongly.

Once you get past the stages where the game stops giving hints it picks up in pace and strategy. The hints are worth paying attention to. Some people seem to ignore them and get by on easy but its worth doing stuff like cooking grenades, melee and especially using cover.

Personally out of all the big fps this gen, i find this to be the best single player fps. The first level is still very good and features many memorable moments like the Warehouse where the AI and cover system really shine.

edit: upload your stats and intel for unlocakable stuff on killzone.com You get papercraft and stuff. Online multiplayer is automaticaly tracked.

Woot one more and i am platinum!

Edited by Choze

Had a few good games on this earlier, was slightly ruined when I got disconnected after playing awesome and delivering 2 propaganda.

However, there was one game that I wanted a replay of where the opposing team were winnning 2-1 in the search and retrieve thing, and with 20 seconds I thought I may as well go for the draw.

The propaganda spawned in the middle of the blooad gracht canal like usual, I managed to creep in, strafed and killed 3 people, picked it up and boost jumped over the bridge and delivered it. Was awesome, especially seeing that there was only 1/2 seconds remaining once I got there.

Had a few good games on this earlier, was slightly ruined when I got disconnected after playing awesome and delivering 2 propaganda.

However, there was one game that I wanted a replay of where the opposing team were winnning 2-1 in the search and retrieve thing, and with 20 seconds I thought I may as well go for the draw.

The propaganda spawned in the middle of the blooad gracht canal like usual, I managed to creep in, strafed and killed 3 people, picked it up and boost jumped over the bridge and delivered it. Was awesome, especially seeing that there was only 1/2 seconds remaining once I got there.

Killzone.com in your profile. On pc.

Here's an awesome game I was in (after a pretty damn nice effort with Choze coming first also).

http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=2222375&kz_file_id=1977293

I Survive as an assasination target

Deliver 2 propaganda

Defuse a bomb

Kill the most people.

Kill 6 or 7 people with one grenade!

If you want to see the grenade moment then skip to 2:30 on the replay when the Helghast are defending their base from bombs.

If only I had joined right at the start for Body count and managed to finish off the target in assassination. I was fiendishly close.

Edited by dwarf

AH! Is it too late?!

lol, unfortunatly so. The match was at 8. Me and choze against 5 peeps... lol.

We lost (obviously) but i think we did well considering. We almost won bodycount and were bit unlucky not to get an assasination kill. If there was 1 or 2 more of us i am confident we could of won!

I completed the game anyway. Didnt really change my opinion of it, fun enough but nothing special. Nothing to make me want to play through it again anyway.

My internet speed fixed itself for about an hour today so I actually got to try a bit of the multiplayer. Seemed ok but ive never been a big fan of FPS online apart from COD4s so I doubt I will play it again. I might just trade the game in the next time there is a big release I want.

I'm just going to say this because of the fun times I have had with the online mode.

From the little you have played of KZ2 online do you think you can judge it? Clearly you didn't think much about the campaign which was kind of what I felt like, not really that special. Online however is brilliant.

Thing is, when you first played Cod4 you probably weren't blown away by that either, and if you were, it was probably because it nailed a lot of stuff in the genre. You should probably play KZ2 more because it has many different perks and a different style - I always find that with Cod players that they don't find it easy to change game because it isn't similar to it - this is the biggest tragedy - they aren't willing to adapt and move on.

AH! Is it too late?!

Dont worry. I saw it as a practice run. Now i know how to do this whole clan stuff. Its very simple using the ingame clan tools. Infact you can do it too.

We will arrange more :) Also feel free to pick your favourite times or when you want a major match or gameplay type etc?

As Mike said we definately are good but were outnumbered. Here is a battle replay: http://killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?kz_match_id=2262958&kz_file_id=2012986

Sorry i was not available outside of the time. Had to finish RE5 with a friend with splitscreen.