NEurope
Daft

Killzone 2

Saw the video. Looks great. I think Ps blog will put up a proper video. Map pack called Steel and Titanium(2 maps). Hopefully out end of the month. No pricing yet.

• Steel: Two trains running alongside each other. You can jump across both trains. You have to avoid obstacles at times because of the moving train. Looks good and accidents aplenty will happen.

• Titanium: ISA cruiser (New Sun) with focus on the vertical. You will fight across decks. The Cruiser is its in damaged state. Lots of Debris. Looks nice.

Herman Hulst Teases a Retro and ____ pack. Possibly reffering to Killzone 1 maps for the furture. The footage of the game way outclasses everything they had in the video for 2009 lol. Good to hear they share tech with Naughty Dog and Insomniac. Uncharted looks stunning too. :)

Captures courtesy of VNZ at neogaf

iywJYCQhK.jpg

EvxgCxqod.jpg

UzTYuJkMr.jpg

uDfJVPKmw.jpg

riRREIByY.jpg

LYpWivlhy.jpg

mtXpCeTBF.jpg

hyDGTMZrK.jpg

ZoXISVsMT.jpg

pLCSTNZRM.jpg

sBsejBfiZ.jpg

KPJDzRiaU.jpg

dont forget to do the AM thing tommroow. I think you may get Home costumes that way.

God I need to play this online, problem I've had is sisters been on nights all holiday so far so can't play during day as would wake her up, then been busy most nights....I've still only played about 10 hours online

I am starting to do stuff earlier in the day right now especially weekend .

Edited by Choze

dont forget to do the AM thing tommroow. I think you may get Home costumes that way.

What AM thing?

What AM thing?

This: Different theme/settings each week.

date: Sat 11th April

time: around 11am! (GMT+1/BST)

room name: MVP Killzone AM!

password: forumfun

the intel:

Body Count (25 kills)

Assassination (safe for 1 min)

Search & Retrieve (3 caps)

Capture & Hold (10 secs)

Search & Destroy (10 secs)

no badge combos. no shotguns. enemies off radar.

Visari Hammer

Pyrrhus Rise

Radec Academy

killuettes:

survive as the assassination target to win one (depending if i can keep track ).

Just stick around for a full round and the costumes are mailed to you. Easy way to find it is to search for passworded games.

There also other evening official events and official Tournaments(highlighted seperately in colour) too. They dont give you Home stuff though.

edit: double checking if they are still giving codes.

edit 2: Yep they are but they are limited so be there early.

Edited by Choze

Oh right didn't know you had to use password and find that game. Oh well, I'm not really desperate to get the costumes tbh.

edit 2: Yep they are but they are limited so be there early.

I was on about 12:20 playing with a couple of the [HOME] people...I hope I get the Homes stuff. Although if they are limited sounds like I probably missed out... :(

Some of us did come on. There were 2 games funnily enough. I was in the AM2 game. We will find out Monday if we get the rewards (via email codes i think).

I have set the first clan match for 4pm. Its a 6v6. Blood Gracht. Should be fun.

Alot of people were asking me to do earlier matches so lets try that out. Feel free to pop in and out. I promoted everyone to officer. So feel free to join any tournament or challenge any clan. :)

Edited by Choze

Some of us did come on. There were 2 games funnily enough. I was in the AM2 game. We will find out Monday if we get the rewards (via email codes i think).

I have set the first clan match for 4pm. Its a 6v6. Blood Gracht. Should be fun.

Alot of people were asking me to do earlier matches so lets try that out. Feel free to pop in and out. I promoted everyone to officer. So feel free to join any tournament or challenge any clan. :)

Ok I will try and join in...not doing much but my dad needs some help chopping down trees lol.

I'll be there. Rediscovered Unreal Tournament though which is bloody mental and makes you feel god-like.

Phew you guys showed...wish they would all shut up though, giving me a bloody head ache.

Pretty poor but outnumbered. If we had Deathjamm and maybe 1 other we could have threatened more.

Pretty poor but outnumbered. If we had Deathjamm and maybe 1 other we could have threatened more.

Deathjamm is an expert on Blood Gracht. Next game will also have shottys.

I don't really know Blood Gracht that well at all and felt hopelessly out of my depth. Had to split straight after that match to do some tree surgery with my dad.

Never used an axe before(in real).

I am away till about 9 i think. Got some surprise guests over!

Cant really stay away that long lol.

I was on about 12:20 playing with a couple of the [HOME] people...I hope I get the Homes stuff. Although if they are limited sounds like I probably missed out... :(

Yep we should get it. I hope. Will check. Monday is the day we find out for sure.

HD Vids of the new maps:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47890.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47888.html

Look great! :) dunno whats up with the music.

I expect alot of environment deaths first few days lol.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

Nice match Dwarf. We were handled nicely by the other team. They kept attacking from different angles. Using three spawn points. They also kept taking out my air support to prevent detection.

I think since we are fighting tougher teams we need to overhaul our team strategies for winning. So some of my personal thoughts:

• Perma tacticians should not be squad leaders. Must spread spawn point control. A tactician spawning on a squad leader in the right place can turn the tide. Rather than going back to base.

• With objectives make sure key paths are clear dont waste time going elsewhere e.g delivery of speaker. and make sure key areas are covered. Its nonsense delivery points are fully unsecured.

• Sentry Bots are absolutely crucial. Ground bots will destroy any air support automatically. They will make kills easier and affect progress of the enemy. Take enemy ones out. Leave unimportant ones sometimes. ;)

So i am thinking my role needs to be more focused. In something like search and retrieve i focus too much on getting the speaker when the areas that we need to deliver to are woefully taken over by the enemy. Especially when they steal the speaker. Need to stay back rather than chase.

Edited by Choze

Wow I don't think I've been up this late/early before. Been watching Screenwipe on youtube for 2 hours, Brooker is genius.

And yeah that was a decent match earlier.

didnt realise the Killzone 2 topic has more replies than the Halo 3 one here :awesome:

Well. Someone actually took their time to work out bullet hits for kills. mind it doesnt take into account firing rate, time and other factors.

http://www.killzone.com/kz/_ns:YVByb3h5LTF8YzB8ZDB8ZXByb3h5VGFyZ2V0PTE9TDNOalpXVXZZbTloY21RdmJXVnpjMkZuWlQ5aWIyRnlaQzVwWkQwNUpuUm9jbVZoWkM1cFpEMHhNRGcxTmpRPT0_/forums.psml

Example Weapon: 2 | 4 | 6 - this indicated that this weapon performed at a 2 hit kill on a soldier, 4 hit kill on assault, and 6 hit kill on assault boost.

And now, without further adieu...here they are! *Drumroll*

M82 Assault Rifle : 4 | 8 | 10

STA-52 Assault Rifle : 5 | 10 | 13

STA-11 SMG : 7 | 12 | 18

STA-18 Pistol : 5 | 10 | 14 [This exeeds the limit of bullets in the clip, but has been measured at 1/2 second intervals BEFORE reloading and AFTER reloading]

M4 Revolver : 2 | 3 | 3

M224-A1 LMG : 4 | 8 | 10

STA-3 LMG : 4 | 8 | 10

STA-14 Rifle : 2 | 4 | 5

VC32 Rifle : 1 | 2 | 3

C4 Explosive [Direct Sticky] : 2 | 2 | 3

C4 Explosive [Detonation Range] : 3 | 3+ | 3+

VC9 Rocket Launcher [Direct Hit] : 1 | 1 | 1

M80 Rocket Launcher [Direct Hit] : 1 | 1 | 1

M327 Grenade Launcher [Direct Hit] : 2 | 4 | 4

LS13 Shotgun [Point blank 1m] : 1 | 1 | 1

LS13 Shotgun [short range -10m] : 1 | 2+ | 2+

LS13 Shotgun [Medium Range +10m] : Inconsistent, Based solely on bullet spread.

other stuff at link too but useful for those who havent figured out weapon damage.

Just remember that the guns like the HGH assault rifle fire faster therefore kill quicker despite needing more bullets.

Just playing Killzone 2 with bots.

How lame is it that you can't set up squads, and even worse you can't give orders?!

Bit of a stupid oversight if you ask me.

But playing against real people is so much funner and rewarding. Plus you can unlock stuff through doing it...

Yeah but playing against real people makes me slightly anxious so I don't really find it that much more fun. It has its appeal sometimes.

...I have anxiety problems.

Been playing this quite a lot today (I say quite a lot 2/3 hours, probably quite lame by some people's standards!) and getting into it a lot more than previously. Reckon the match making system is pretty good as I seem to find myself in games where I hold my own, finish top of winning team and also mixing it up in the middle but rarely at the bottom...

Just working on getting my medal ribbons for people using spawn points. Do certain levels have limits on how many spawn points can be used. Just ask because sometimes I find that I can't lay them and its not that I have already done one. Is it to with the way the game is set up?