N-Europe

Championship Gaming Series 2008

Mokong

The CGS is back, just watching the UK Championships... which is a laugh cuz there are only 2 UK teams anyway :heh:

London Mint vs Birmingham Salvo

First game was DOA 4 (Females) and the two girls were sisters, haha, and the Birmingham sister OWNED her sister 5 - 0, ouch.

Strange that they didn't add any new games from last year.... well expect for changing FIFA 07 to FIFA 08 :heh:

Which is on while i type, Birmingham up 2 - 0 (1st goal was a horrible own goal :heh:)

Should have added new games... Smash Bros Brawl would have been awesome for something like this

The CGS is back, just watching the UK Championships... which is a laugh cuz there are only 2 UK teams anyway :heh:

London Mint vs Birmingham Salvo

First game was DOA 4 (Females) and the two girls were sisters, haha, and the Birmingham sister OWNED her sister 5 - 0, ouch.

Strange that they didn't add any new games from last year.... well expect for changing FIFA 07 to FIFA 08 :heh:

Which is on while i type, Birmingham up 2 - 0 (1st goal was a horrible own goal :heh:)

Should have added new games... Smash Bros Brawl would have been awesome for something like this

The football was shite... sooooo bad. What was the point? Did they just collect randomers for this 'championship'?

well they have full on draft competitions, are most of them are supposidly "champions" in their various games.

watching the EU Play-off at the mo, almost over, London vs Stockholm, on the DOA (male) fight, i'm pulling for a Stockholm win, i can't stand Londons DOA male player, "Paddaman", arrogant, loud mouthy, sob, constantly trash talking.

(EDIT: damn the sob won)

They should have varied the games a bit more.

I don't know why they have a "male" and "female" disciplines for DOA, makes no sense. They should drop that altogether and let girls play whatever game, as i'm sure there's good girl gamers out there that can play any game better than some guys.

They should have dropped DOA 4 for their fighter too... replace it with a Soul Calibur game i think would be better, and instead of 2 rounds of the same game (male and female) put in a different game. Like Smash Bros. Brawl which would make a good "alt" fighter. They could play it as a 5 Stock match, no items (except Smash Balls, set to low frequency), each stock you take from your opponent is 1 point for your overall team score.

FIFA should be switched for a Pro Evo game which would be tons better.

Counter Strike Source would be the one to keep though, good games on that are awesome to watch.

Don't know about the racing game, Froza Motorsport 2, not much of a racer fan, but i always thought Gran Tourismo or PRG would be the "top" racers for competitions?

PRG isn't a proper simulation, its more arcadey. I would say Forza is probably the most realistic racer out so it makes sense for it to be used. Fifa 08 is ten times better than Pro Evo 08, its not even funny. And this comes from a (once) Pro Evo fanboy.

Guest Jordan

WTF? PRG? Project Racing Gotham? :p

Its PGR and PGR is way too easy as awesome as it is. Forza 2 and GT5P are the better choices.

These tournaments are horrible anyway...

WTF? PRG? Project Racing Gotham? :p

hey it was late :heh:

Fun to watch though, i remember the last one though i can't recall what channel it was on? Is it Bravo?

Sky Two it's on.

Tonight at 11.40

European Final, UK Champs (Birmingham Salvo) vs Continental Euro Champs (Berlin...erm...can't remember their franchise name)

I do find it a good viewing, Counter Strike matches are always the best, the others are hit and miss sometimes its good others it's "meh"

Wow, that was a great European Final, Birmingham Salvo winning by a point.

First two games Berlin looked to be running away with it, Birminghams Counter Strike team pulled things back to give them a 1 point lead. Extended to a 3 point lead in DOA (female). The final game, Forza 2, brought things right to the wire. Berlin took 1st place and 4 points, Birmingham took 2nd and 2 points, which put Berlin behind by 1 point (which is what 3rd place was worth), good battle between teh last two from that 3rd place, looked like Birmingham would take it but he went wide on the last corner and Berlin just sneaked in to force the draw. The draw was settled with one more race on Forza 2, with just one lap, in the end Birmingham took the title. Next the World Championship finally get underway