N-Europe

Cycle Route Planner...

flameboy

I am planning a cross country bike ride from Harrogate (nr Leeds) to Portsmouth..but can't seem to find any kind of route planner that lets you plan routes only using cycle paths/lanes and routes, anyone know where I could go? Best I've got is a route using the AA planner that rules out motorways but its still A roads all the way not really what I want.

I'm not having any luck finding a route planner for you either, I'm afraid.

There's sustrans. which says;

"Don't forget that Sustrans publish an award-winning selection of route maps that you will find useful when planning longer trips.

The maps can be purchased from our online shop or by calling our information line on 0845 113 00 65."

The shop has a lot of maps, but I think contacting them would be your best shot.

here has a list of routes, but it doesn't offer much hope of stitching them together.

Well I hope this is of some help - would love to hear more about this insane idea you're having!

Guest bluey

i thought googlemaps did that kind of thing O_o maybe i'm thinking of my tomtom~

my friend is doing a cross-WORLD bike ride. he left the guesthouse last month with just a tent and a push bike. he has a website he updates from his mobile with his GPS locationy thingy. he's halfway across china right now. *nods* its pretty hardcore :grin:

EDIT: here he is!! the orange dot is his current location.

I live in the south so may able to give you few pointers on that leg of the journey.

But have you tried emailing local cycling clubs? They would invariable the best cycle routes.

DONT FORGET YOUR BIKE LOCK MAKE SURE ITS A GOOD ONE TOO(get an Abus lock they are indestructible)! I have two bicycles stolen in Portsmouth! One German guy who had been cycling all round the world also had his bike stolen there!