NEurope
mr_bogus

Americans burn more calories than Brits at Wii Sports

Fatter people can burn more calories.

After all they have to move a lot more fat around :D

That difference is pretty strange though but maybe the groups that were monitored were too small to really get representative results.

That difference is pretty strange though but maybe the groups that were monitored were too small to really get representative results.

Or completely different, as in, when it mentions the American group being students, and the British group being schoolkids?

Or completely different, as in, when it mentions the American group being students, and the British group being schoolkids?

I don't think they compared different groups. It seems to me that they are at some point talking about schoolkids and then going back to the student against student comparison.

I think the Americans a much more intensive... When they Box they give it their all

yea i would see that as being true, u can tell americans are alot more.. how to say it.. overexageratting when they get into something. Although i do love looking like a plank on Wiisports myself :P

LOL @ D_prOdigy

I've seen people playing Wii Sports simply by flicking their wrists, obviously uncomfortable with the idea of moving their whole body in front of others.

I think Brits are a bit more self-conscious than Americans.

Surely it would make more sense to compare real sports, where fat lazy bastards actually have to get off of their arse in order to do something.

a team of students playing virtual sports on Nintendo's Will console: digital bowling

Either that's a big mistake or I'm missing something. Is there a guy in Wisconsin called Nintendo Will? Maybe he's some sort of super geek reknowned for his computer game abilities.

Surely it would make more sense to compare real sports, where fat lazy bastards actually have to get off of their arse in order to do something.

Either that's a big mistake or I'm missing something. Is there a guy in Wisconsin called Nintendo Will? Maybe he's some sort of super geek reknowned for his computer game abilities.

Nope, it's Nintendo new secret console, the Will Console. It utilises the newest brainwave technology to let you control games with your will.

American

- Bowling: 3.9 calories a minute

- Tennis: 5.3 calories a minute

- Boxing: 7.2 calories a minute

British

- Bowling: 2.8 calories a minute

- Tennis: 3.0 calories a minute

- Boxing: 2.9 calories a minute

Ok, and who won the Wii Tennis match?

If it was the british we have to say they're more effective. :p If it was the Americans we've got to say that they put everything into the firepower.

Nope, it's Nintendo new secret console, the Will Console. It utilises the newest brainwave technology to let you control games with your will.

Haha! I think you might be on to something...