NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Eddage

Computer Stalling On Startup

Hello forumites, me again.

This time there's a problem with my sister's computer! It's nothing major but for some reason when you first turn the computer on it'll freeze on the motherboard splash image (in this case the asus logo and text that says "press del to enter setup"). If you reset the computer it'll do it again but try loading it for a 3rd time and it works fine. 3rd times a charm as they say.

I've updated the bios to the latest version and can't see anything out of the ordinary in the bios settings. I know it's not a huge issue but it's starting to get on my sister's nerves so want it sorted if possible.

Any ideas?

I also had a problem so in 50% of the cases the Computer would freeze on the splash image.

Turning the external harddrive on after the Splash screen fixed it for me.

Best thing to do: unplug the drives systematically or unplug all and then plug them in one at a time.

I also had a problem so in 50% of the cases the Computer would freeze on the splash image.

Turning the external harddrive on after the Splash screen fixed it for me.

Best thing to do: unplug the drives systematically or unplug all and then plug them in one at a time.

Probably because the bios tries to boot from the EXHD and crashes (as it generally contains no bootable os).

That's pretty common, and the same with ipods/mp3 players/flash drives.

Sign in to follow this