NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

George Harrison talks to IGN

Suprised this hasn't been posted, its been up for a while at IGN(The Nintendo Minute: Vol. 20)

Theres nothing really new here and not much we haven't heard before but at least its Rev news and there isn't much right now...

...and he basically convinces that the controller isn't the only Revolutionary feature shown, must be something to do with graphics...steroscopic 3D? :heh:

Source: http://cube.ign.com/articles/668/668117p1.html

This week's question: Do we know everything there is to know about Revolution? And on a related note, when will you reveal the final pieces of the puzzle?

George Harrison, senior vice president, marketing and corporate communications, Nintendo of America: No, we have not entirely pulled back the curtain on Revolution just yet. There are lots of exciting details about its capabilities and the unique gameplay you'll experience on it that we're keeping under wraps -- for now. We know you're very anxious to learn the full potential of the system, and soon we'll be able to share more with you!

Keeping some Revolution cards close to our chest is a strategic decision on Nintendo's part. Every Nintendo console launch in the past has been shrouded in some level of secrecy due to Nintendo's desire to innovate and provide new gaming features and technology. With Revolution, this could be the most innovative product Nintendo has ever created in the history of the company. So even though we've already shown you the basics on Revolution, you can be sure that there are still a few more surprises we're holding for a later date.

When? You'll slowly begin to know more as we enter 2006 and as the year unfolds, and especially at E3, you'll be immersed in Revolution news.

We'll be eager to hear what you have to say and think you'll be pleased with what's in store around the corner!

So the controller is just part of the basic stuff they showed for the rev? I can't wait to see what Nintendo has to show us and blow everyone away.

I think the controller is the big thing, the rest will be little things to keep our interest in the system at a max.

I can't wait for more info!

I always take the view that we haven't seen anywhere near as much as we could have. I mean the problem with Xbox 360 was we knew everything about it ages ago, and the hype has died down. Nintendo have kept the gossip very high by not revealing all. The only problem I would have with it is that the majority of people not in the gaming comunity are getting confused. They seem to think that what we've seen is what we'll get. I really do think that Nintendo should have shown the traditional controller add-on because then I wouldn't have to explain it to people (Thanks IGN for the mock-up). Hopefully Miyamoto will show us something on the 2nd, though I doubt it'll happen. The Revolution secret still has a hell of a lot more to show us.

I can't imagine anything beating the controller but he sounds promising :awesome:

The american honchos never reveal anything new, they just recycle what they said in every other interview, which basically boils down to, 'its Nintendo, its different, please buy it'

:D lets hope it makes toast! (Ever since I saw that comic strip, i always had a desire for a console making toast)

Here's an abridged "no-marketing-bulls**t" version of this interview:

Q: So, is there anything we don't know about the Revolution? If so, when will you tell us?

A: Yes. Soon.

As you can see, zero information lost.

Whoever said the controller was the big thing, think again. If anything, it is on equal standing to whatever ever is left.

What's my reasoning for this claim?

Well Retro made a very intriguing comment when asked if they were going to use the REV controller in MP3....their response:

"We are going to use the many features the REV has to offer, as well as the controller."

As well as the controller? Makes it sound like an afterthought...a given. What could be the other features? Who the hell knows?

Sign in to follow this