Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Has Nintendo really lost it?

Chris the great

Guest Maase
080722.jpg

Ok, this is just mean :'(

One more for the Nintendo Friends like me...

20080718.jpg

Already posted, DKC.

Its funny, but mean :'(

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And completely over-exaggerated.

Really?

That's what's happened. Nintendo churn out piles and piles of wagglegames for people whom don't understand games at all. Sort of making an art exhibition for philistines. Then they do nothing for the conneseurs, who enjoy gaming and have basically made the game industry what it is.

Don't come with "We all know there'll be a new Zelda/Mario, but it sure as hell won't be out the next 2 years", because allthough that's true, there are piles of other franchises that we're hoping for that aren't certain at all that they will come to the wii, or as a matter of fact, ever will get new itterations.

1. F-Zero
  2. Starfox
  3. Punch Out
  4. 1080
  5. Excitebike
  6. Waverace
  7. Kid Icarus
  8. Pilotwings
  9. Earthbound

Also, Nintendo haven't tried very hard to get us core games from third parties. They haven't talked to Konami about a Metal Gear, they haven't bought the Bond license, they haven't tried to get us any real Final Fantasy games.

Really?

That's what's happened. Nintendo churn out piles and piles of wagglegames for people whom don't understand games at all. Sort of making an art exhibition for philistines. Then they do nothing for the conneseurs, who enjoy gaming and have basically made the game industry what it is.

Don't come with "We all know there'll be a new Zelda/Mario, but it sure as hell won't be out the next 2 years", because allthough that's true, there are piles of other franchises that we're hoping for that aren't certain at all that they will come to the wii, or as a matter of fact, ever will get new itterations.

1. F-Zero
  2. Starfox
  3. Punch Out
  4. 1080
  5. Excitebike
  6. Waverace
  7. Kid Icarus
  8. Pilotwings
  9. Earthbound

Also, Nintendo haven't tried very hard to get us core games from third parties. They haven't talked to Konami about a Metal Gear, they haven't bought the Bond license, they haven't tried to get us any real Final Fantasy games.

Again, what was shown at e3 wasn't much at all of the games that Nintendo have in development, they have a huge number of teams besides EAD 2.

Plus Excite Truck is the new entry in the excite series, so we're probably not going to see an excite bike. and Kid Icarus was confirmed to be in development in some form.

So because 3 big franchises are on other consoles we have no 3rd party games, What about: Tales of Symphonia, Rune Factory, Mad World, The Conduit. There are still lots of 3rd party games coming.

Again, what was shown at e3 wasn't much at all of the games that Nintendo have in development, they have a huge number of teams besides EAD 2.

Yeah but the fact remains, you don't know that FOR SURE unless Nintendo actually announces such. They don't even have to wait till the next 'expo' to reveal a game or two, what happened to the good old days of dropping a jpeg or two onto the net, giving us and the Gamefaqs massive a lil bit of excitement and hope?

I can't really invest in the Wii to quench my gaming thirst if I have nothing to look forward to/don't know what I am getting nor know when.

*snip*

Connoisseurs who enjoy gaming? So, the others don't and can't enjoy gaming? You haven't been getting good "core" games? Stop putting yourself (and by yourself, I mean us good ol' "core" gamers) in a pedestal, we didn't "make" gaming, we just bought some games, we came after others who did the same and others came after us and will keep coming, who buys, matters. I love the absolute exaggeration and selective memory of some people.

Nintendo churns out piles of waggle fest games!

-Bwii

-Brain Academy

-DK Barrel Blast

-Endless Ocean

-Excite Truck

-Fire Emblem

-Zelda:TP

-Link's Crossbow Training

-Mario & Sonic At The Olympics

-Mario Kart Wii

-Mario Party 8

-Mario Strikers Charged

-Metroid Prime

-Pokémon Battle Revolution

-Super Mario Galaxy

-Super Paper Mario

-Super Smash Bros Brawl

-Wario Land

-Wii Chess

-Wii Fit

-Wii Play

-Wii Sports

Wow, such a one sided list, filled only with waggle fest games and nothing for us, the créme de la créme, the ones who make the world go around.

Oh and you know that Nintendo hasn't been trying to get us FF and MGS, you know exactly the talks they've been having. And again, selective memory! What happened to Monster Hunter and Fatal Frame? What happened to Call of Duty and Guitar Hero? Zack & Wiki? Boom Blox? This is specially funny, when Nintendo chooses to give more room to 3rd parties.

King, unless you have sold your Wii, you can just keep it there and quench your thirst when you want something for it. I also don't remember those good ol' fays, Nintendo always was one of the most secretive companies around.

Connoisseurs who enjoy gaming? So, the others don't and can't enjoy gaming? You haven't been getting good "core" games? Stop putting yourself (and by yourself, I mean us good ol' "core" gamers) in a pedestal, we didn't "make" gaming, we just bought some games, we came after others who did the same and others came after us and will keep coming, who buys, matters. I love the absolute exaggeration and selective memory of some people.

-Bwii

-Brain Academy

-DK Barrel Blast

-Endless Ocean

-Excite Truck

-Fire Emblem

-Mario Kart Wii

-Mario Party 8

-Mario Strikers Charged

-Metroid Prime

-Super Mario Galaxy

-Super Paper Mario

-Super Smash Bros Brawl

-Wario Land

-Wii Chess

-Wii Fit

-Wii Play

-Wii Sports

Wow, such a one sided list, filled only with waggle fest games and nothing for us, the créme de la créme, the ones who make the world go around.

Oh and you know that Nintendo hasn't been trying to get us FF and MGS, you know exactly the talks they've been having. And again, selective memory! What happened to Monster Hunter and Fatal Frame? What happened to Call of Duty and Guitar Hero? Zack & Wiki? Boom Blox? This is specially funny, when Nintendo chooses to give more room to 3rd parties.

King, unless you have sold your Wii, you can just keep it there and quench your thirst when you want something for it. I also don't remember those good ol' fays, Nintendo always was one of the most secretive companies around.

I love Hellfire :D He's more of a fanboy than me, and I'm a big fanboy! Keep fighting the cause :bowdown:

Yeah but the fact remains, you don't know that FOR SURE unless Nintendo actually announces such. They don't even have to wait till the next 'expo' to reveal a game or two, what happened to the good old days of dropping a jpeg or two onto the net, giving us and the Gamefaqs massive a lil bit of excitement and hope?

I can't really invest in the Wii to quench my gaming thirst if I have nothing to look forward to/don't know what I am getting nor know when.

Do you actually think every single Nintendo 1st and 2nd party team is working on a Wii*something* game. Lets bring out the list again shall we:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintend...nd_Development

1st Party:

EAD 1 Is probably just starting a new game. Probably a casual one.

EAD 2 Is working on Wii Sports

EAD 3 Is almost for sure working on a new zelda

EAD 4 Probably has a new game almost done (Or are they making Wario Land)

EAD 5 Is probably starting a new game most likely casual

EAD Tokyo is probably working on the next Mario.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ndo_developers

Brownie Soft: A new RPG maybe?

Intelligent Systems: Probably working on Fire Emblem DS

Monolith Soft: Disaster Day of Crisis

Nintendo Software Technology: If project hammer is still alive, they may be working on that, if it isn't they probably are working on a new hardcore title.

Nintendo SPD:

SPD 1: Potentially working on new 2D metroid or Wario Ware when finished with Card Hero DS.

SPD 2: Probably working on a WiiWare Puzzle Game

SPD 3: Its hard to speculate on what they're working on. They're more of a co-developer.

SPD 4: Probably developing a new channel.

Retro Studios: Most Likely a new FPS, perhaps a metroid game, perhaps Kid Icarus

Second Parties:

AlphaDream: Possibly a new Mario and Luigi Game.

Ambrella: They just finished Pokemon Ranch, expect only another pokemon spin off type game from them.

Camelot: Maybe a new Golden sun game. They said they wanted to do one at some point.

Cing: Little King's Story

Game Freak: Pokemon Platinum

Genius Sonority: Probably a new Pokemon game for the Wii

Grasshopper Manufacture: Probably starting on a new Wii Project

HAL Laboratory: I think they're making Kirby SuperStar Ultra

Mitchell Corporation: Probably a new Puzzle game, perhaps either for WiiWare or DS.

NDCUBE: No idea.

Noise: Probably a new Custom Robo. Maybe for Wii

Paon: Glory of Heracles DS

skip LTD: Captain Rainbow

Sora Ltd: No Idea.

Note, most of this is speculation but we do know these teams are working on something and I bet most of it is for the core audience.

I don't get when people say there are no good 3rd party games, but I also don't get when people say that there are as many as on 360 or PS3. Hellfire just listed pretty much all the good ones as far as I can remember. Yes, I loved Boom Blox and Zack and Wiki as much as everyone else, but that still doesn't mean there isn't a shortage of 3rd party games.

Theres what, 6 or 7 3rd party games currently released worth talking about? Boom Blox and Z&W are excellent original games. GH3 is a good quality port, as are Resi4 and Okami. But really, are there any more than that? NMH can be put in there at a push, but I'm struggling to think of any more to put in, I'm looking at my game boxes for inspiration, I'm looking at GFAQs for ideas. There simply isn't as good a selection of 3rd party games as the other consoles.

There are more than that coming for Wii. I just listed the ones that I first thought of.

TBH most of the games I buy are 1st or 2nd party anyway. The lack of 1st party games this year will give me a chance to catch up on ones I've missed over the years.

-Bwii

-Brain Academy

-DK Barrel Blast

-Endless Ocean

-Excite Truck

-Fire Emblem

-Mario Kart Wii

-Mario Party 8

-Mario Strikers Charged

-Metroid Prime

-Super Mario Galaxy

-Super Paper Mario

-Super Smash Bros Brawl

-Wario Land

-Wii Chess

-Wii Fit

-Wii Play

-Wii Sports

Fat names are wagglefests

Underlined are games that are puely cashcows

So what's left is:

-Bwii

-Endless Ocean (is that even a Nintendo title?)

-Fire Emblem

-Zelda:TP (mind you, it's a Gamecube port with no upgrades besides improved aim, and swordfighting being a complete wagglefest)

-Metroid Prime

-Super Mario Galaxy

-Super Paper Mario

-Super Smash Bros Brawl

So in 2 years, Nintendo have given us 8 games that are worth a crap (I'd actually say that Fire Emblem isn't actually worth being on that list either, since it's nearly the same game that came out for the cube years ago). Woopie f*****g doo! I can't say that that's little, but what I can say is that it's dirt poor that we only know of that many so far into the new generation. By now we should have a "leaked" screen or a slip of tung about a new Starfox, F-Zero or a core unknown title. We should also have seen like five jaw dropping future releases for the Wii.

That Nintendo aren't going to tell us about anything farther than 3 months away isn't going to help either. Either Nintendo can drop the A-bomb that they'll be releasing a Gran Turismo killer with 3000 cars and 200 authentic and fictive tracks in three months, or we could be waiting for the next two years hoping for a small sparkle of hope, only realising that on the last year of the consoles lifespan we finally get one meesy high quality game, that turns out to be ruined to suit casuals, like Mariokart Wii. The fact remains: no good first party game in sight. Nintendo have gone in to please the gay movement (I'm surprised that Nintendo didn't do promo for it at Europride this week, or maybe they actually did?), they're doing everything to attract people who don't play games (and who'll quit playing as soon as the trend passes). They've got to think we're complete idiots, because Animal Crossing, which used to be Nintendos main casual title, was labeled as THE Nintendo core title of E3.

So what's left is:

-Bwii

-Fire Emblem

-Zelda:TP (mind you, it's a Gamecube port with no upgrades besides improved aim, and swordfighting being a complete wagglefest)

-Metroid Prime

-Super Mario Galaxy

-Super Paper Mario

-Super Smash Bros Brawl

So in 2 years, Nintendo have given us 8 games that are worth a crap (I'd actually say that Fire Emblem isn't actually worth being on that list either, since it's nearly the same game that came out for the cube years ago). Woopie f*****g doo! I can't say that that's little, but what I can say is that it's dirt poor that we only know of that many so far into the new generation. By now we should have a "leaked" screen or a slip of tung about a new Starfox, F-Zero or a core unknown title. We should also have seen like five jaw dropping future releases for the Wii.

That Nintendo aren't going to tell us about anything farther than 3 months away isn't going to help either. Either Nintendo can drop the A-bomb that they'll be releasing a Gran Turismo killer with 3000 cars and 200 authentic and fictive tracks in three months, or we could be waiting for the next two years hoping for a small sparkle of hope, only realising that on the last year of the consoles lifespan we finally get one meesy high quality game, that turns out to be ruined to suit casuals, like Mariokart Wii. The fact remains: no good first party game in sight. Nintendo have gone in to please the gay movement (I'm surprised that Nintendo didn't do promo for it at Europride this week, or maybe they actually did?), they're doing everything to attract people who don't play games (and who'll quit playing as soon as the trend passes). They've got to think we're complete idiots, because Animal Crossing, which used to be Nintendos main casual title, was labeled as THE Nintendo core title of E3.

Wario Land is a cashcow? Mario Kart is a cashcow? Excite Truck is a cashcow?

mcenroe_24150t.jpg

You cannot be serious!

There's a lot more than 6, I posted a list just after E3.

I was away over E3, can I see this list? :smile:

Wario Land is a cashcow? Mario Kart is a cashcow? Excite Truck is a cashcow?

mcenroe_24150t.jpg

You cannot be serious!

I was away over E3, can I see this list? :smile:

I can most truly be serious, bar Warioland that I'm not too sure about. Mariokart got all the challenge removed when they made the weapons overpowered, and Excitetruck, albeit being better than motorstorm is still a cash cow. I mean, exciteTRUCK? That's supposed to be exciteBIKE, and be the most polished two wheeled racer on the face on the planet, like the original Excitebike was, and like Excitebike 64 was. So yes, it is a cash cow.

Both of those games should have been so much better, especially considering the hype arround MK. I mean, that was Nintendos biggest game last E3.

I can most truly be serious, bar Warioland that I'm not too sure about. Mariokart got all the challenge removed when they made the weapons overpowered, and Excitetruck, albeit being better than motorstorm is still a cash cow. I mean, exciteTRUCK? That's supposed to be exciteBIKE, and be the most polished two wheeled racer on the face on the planet, like the original Excitebike was, and like Excitebike 64 was. So yes, it is a cash cow.

Both of those games should have been so much better, especially considering the hype arround MK. I mean, that was Nintendos biggest game last E3.

I somewhat agree about MK not being as good as it could have been, as I rather loathed it. But that doesn't make it a cashcow. A cashcow is a game that is simply rushed out to turn a quick buck. See: Mario Party series. Not Mario Kart. And most definately not Excite Truck. Firstly, Excite Truck was a second party title. Secondly, it was a launch window title. Thirdly, as far as I can tell Excite Truck didn't particularly sell too well, or else there would surely be a sequel in development.

So what's left is:

-Bwii

-Fire Emblem

-Metroid Prime

-Super Mario Galaxy

-Super Paper Mario

-Super Smash Bros Brawl

Congratulations, this is officially the biggest load of shit I've read on these forums in YEARS! And I've read posts by Bard and Daft :D

You haven't played wario land yet.

Excite truck is a great game. What about it was bad. Just because they changed the vehicle you use doesn't make it a bad game, in-fact, its the best racer on Wii.

Mario Kart's single player was crap but the awesome online made up for that.

Congratulations, this is officially the biggest load of shit I've read on these forums in YEARS! And I've read posts by Bard and Daft :D

QFT

I somewhat agree about MK not being as good as it could have been, as I rather loathed it. But that doesn't make it a cashcow. A cashcow is a game that is simply rushed out to turn a quick buck. See: Mario Party series. Not Mario Kart. And most definately not Excite Truck. Firstly, Excite Truck was a second party title. Secondly, it was a launch window title. Thirdly, as far as I can tell Excite Truck didn't particularly sell too well, or else there would surely be a sequel in development.

Mariokart was rushed out. Otherwise it would reach up to Nintendos own quality standards, and we wouldn't have been complaining. And Excitetruck is also a cashcow. Considering it sold badly, it was a bad cashcow, but it nontheless was a cashcow. The basic idea was pretty much: "oh look, no racers for launch except for GT Pro series, a port of a GC game that sucked in the first place. Let's earn some money of the racing fans. What franchise haven't we used for a while? Excitebike? Well, it'll be too expensive to make physics and animations for motorcycles, so let's swap them for trucks, and call it excitetruck".

Atless anyone can prove the opposite, you can most truly say that Nintendo have abandoned the fans, and noone can proove me wrong. Practically every core game we have on the earlier list was known about at the time of the Wii's launch. No new core games have been added. Nintendo have so to speak, thrown out the baby with the bathing water. When gaming yet again becomes untrendy, the cool kids will forget gaming, and Nintendo will be dead in the water. With no casuals, and having treated their core audience like pure shit, the Wii 2 might fare worse than the Dreamcast.

I love Hellfire :D He's more of a fanboy than me, and I'm a big fanboy! Keep fighting the cause :bowdown:

Amen to that, brother! :bowdown:

I agree with Hellfire in that people are so selective when it comes to discussing this. They focus so much on the negative that they forget the positive, constantly ranting about what we should have gotten by now instead of looking at what we have got. Nintendo has done well in the past (and still is, mind you), but now that they have turned SOME (can't stress that enough) of their focus away from us core gamers, people suddenly become greedy and egocentric. Has Nintendo so far this generation not delivered perhaps the greatest games ever in some of their franchises? Have they not done this within the first two years of the Wii's lifespan, barely giving us time to finish one game before the next great game comes out (bar speedsters who rush the games)? Then, as soon as there is a pause, people immediately get out their torches, pitchforks, and angry-villager-clothing.

Where hath thy faith gone, my brethren? Have faith, and thou shall be rewarded.

[/rant]

Mariokart was rushed out. Otherwise it would reach up to Nintendos own quality standards, and we wouldn't have been complaining. And Excitetruck is also a cashcow. Considering it sold badly, it was a bad cashcow, but it nontheless was a cashcow. The basic idea was pretty much: "oh look, no racers for launch except for GT Pro series, a port of a GC game that sucked in the first place. Let's earn some money of the racing fans. What franchise haven't we used for a while? Excitebike? Well, it'll be too expensive to make physics and animations for motorcycles, so let's swap them for trucks, and call it excitetruck".

Atless anyone can prove the opposite, you can most truly say that Nintendo have abandoned the fans, and noone can proove me wrong. Practically every core game we have on the earlier list was known about at the time of the Wii's launch. No new core games have been added. Nintendo have so to speak, thrown out the baby with the bathing water. When gaming yet again becomes untrendy, the cool kids will forget gaming, and Nintendo will be dead in the water. With no casuals, and having treated their core audience like pure shit, the Wii 2 might fare worse than the Dreamcast.

I tell a lie, this is.

Fuck me DarkJak, you come across as a complete gimp who doesn't really know much about gaming. No one can prove you wrong? Well thats because it is subjective, and you will combat any argument with your intelligent repsonse of "No it isn't!!"

You really don't know what the idea behind it was though. You still haven't said what was wrong with the game. Have you actually played it?

Look back at the list of developers and what they're doing. Most of them we don't know what they're up to. I really doubt they're just sitting around playing smash bros. Nintendo have even said that they're not going to tell us about the games that far in advance. We've got Wario World and Fatal Frame coming up. We only found out about them a little while ago. There's probably at least one hardcore game coming in time for the holidays we don't know about.