NEurope
Boomstick

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop (BEST NAME EVER?!)

The news you've all been waiting for: Chop till you Drop will control like Resi 4 does on the Wii. :yay:

Capcom confirms lovely motion-sensitive controls to slaughter zombies with in Dead Rising...

If you've played Capcom's Resident Evil 4 for the Wii (and if you haven't, you really, really should've) then it appears the control scheme for the developers upcoming Wii port of Dead Rising should be nice and familiar.

Your gun's targeting reticule is aimed directly by the Wiimote, allowing you to just point and fire away. As in Resi 4, your reticule will turn red when hovering over an enemy. Players can then shake the Wiimote to reload. A similar shaking movement can be applied when trying shake off any zombies who have grabbed you. Sounds familiar? Yes indeed.

Alternative weapons are also controlled by the Wiimote (for example when using a baseball bat, players need to shake the Wiimote to build up power before swinging). Zoomed controls will also work similarly, zooming out using Z and C, and adjusting your aim with the Nunchuck's analogue stick.

You can even assign your top four weapons to the D-Pad, for easy hot-key access to your favourites.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12171

Ugh...Grainy N64/GC-like visuals... Sorry, but if the overall visual presentation is lacking, its not a very attractive game.

I think it's a game to be seen in motion.. I have a lot of faith in capcom when it comes to ports. They rarely do consoles wrong(they're shite at pc ports) and resident evil 4 was one of the best ports ever and this game seems to borrow things from it.

Can only be a good thing really.

Ugh...Grainy N64/GC-like visuals... Sorry, but if the overall visual presentation is lacking, its not a very attractive game.

you are pushing it too far with the n64 comments. it already looks better than any gta on the ps2 after all.

I REALLY would like to have the N64 you had, then.

you are pushing it too far with the n64 comments. it already looks better than any gta on the ps2 after all.

LOL...

Sarcasm right?

I REALLY would like to have the N64 you had, then.

Hybrid_Heaven.jpg

...Hybrid Heaven N64.

The grainy, blurry textures are very similar to the shots of this game or not too far advanced... Ten years later.

LOL...

Sarcasm right?

not really

gta-san-andreas.jpg

san andreas managed to look even worse in motion with all the pop ups and what not...

of course it looks way better!

oh fuck it im being sarcastic i changed my mind :D:D:D

Yeah but remember, what GTA offered in scale was amazing for the times. In that case, the downgrade of graphics was something we could all turn a blind eye to. This game should be more comparable with a game like REvil 4... Wy doesn't it look as good as that Gamecube game? Surely theres no excuse. If the Wii surely has that more umph! over the GC a game like this shouldn't be that hard to pull and look good at the same time.

Yeah but remember, what GTA offered in scale was amazing for the times. In that case, the downgrade of graphics was something we could all turn a blind eye to. This game should be more comparable with a game like REvil 4... Wy doesn't it look as good as that Gamecube game? Surely theres no excuse. If the Wii surely has that more umph! over the GC a game like this shouldn't be that hard to pull and look good at the same time.

this is all true there is no excuse.

I hate doing this but this was a launch gamecube title created in 6 months

rstrike_081103_x9.jpg

if we saw images of this for a new wii game wed think it would look fantastic. its sad

New screens

01_08.jpg

01_09.jpg

I don't understand what all the moaning is about! Look how many zombies are on screen at once it's understandable the games graphics have had to take a dip. I think this will be another cracking title from Capcom and let's hope it sell well so we can get another Resi game!

Like I've said, the dip in detail quality seems quite small when compared to the 360 version. It's a great game for the Wii.

Ugh...Grainy N64/GC-like visuals...

The GC had grainy visuals...?

The GC had grainy visuals...?

Something mostly viewable through ports; where PS2 and Xbox games ran and looked smoother and crisper than some GC games.

Something mostly viewable through ports; where PS2 and Xbox games ran and looked smoother and crisper than some GC games.

Sorry but in the past generation GC's graphics were at least as good, if not better then their competition's...

I agree, GC looked (looks) amazing.

But I keep seeing these comments, every generation. You see, when the GC gen came out (first one was Sega DC actually), people reffered to the "grainy" and "blocky" graphics of the previous gen (Saturn, PS1 and N64). Now that the GC, PS2, Xbox gen is over, people again reffer to the "grainy" and, yes, "blocky" graphics of that gen.

Wanna bet when the next gen comes in 4 or 5 years, PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics will once more be reffered to as "grainy" and "blocky"? It just goes round and round....

I think you're referring to NFS-games, which were ported with no care. NFSUG2 and all of its successors had blurry textures due to EA being to lazy to convert their universal texture file format to the more compressed GC-specific one, thus forcing them to remove all high-quality textures. And NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 had bad framerate since the good team developed the PC/PS2 versions, while a worse team made the GC/XB version, and threw in the XB models to the GC-version, thus resulting in worse framerate. But the GC was capable of better graphics. The GC in fact had much higher capabilities of hi-res textures than the PS2, which resulted in the PS2 version of RE4 having pre-rendered cutscenes rather than real-time ones.

Liking the way it's turning out - although graphics can use a polishing up.

I'm not liking the look of it honestly, it's obviously way too low budget and the lack of zombies makes it seem boring. And it's too much RE4: Trip to the Mall. Which is a good companion to RE4: Africa Expedition I suppose :P

I had a look at both those videos, gents, and I'm not really feeling it. I'll keep an eye out for impressions, news and previews, but for the time being this ain't doing much for me.

Damn, after seeing the comparison between RE4 and this, it's hard to believe it's running on the same engine... in a bad way, that is.

Is someone here a member of the Capcom boards? We should vent our "lack of polish" anger towards Mr. Svensson, he seems to reply to a lot of remarks on those forums.

Loving the look of this, despite the awful graphics. I can see this entertaining me for a while.

Winter release for Europe aswell? Hope it'll be £20-£25 on release.