N-Europe

Star Wars Clone Wars

Ashley

It looks better ...

I thought you said force unleashed my bad.

Gameplay-wise I think that this and the extra mode in Force Unleashed will be extremely similar - Clone Wars is made by the people in charge of the Wii version of TFU.

• 1 month later...
What differs this from Sabre Duells?

It is Lightsaber Duels

Apparently there are only going to be 10 characters, which is pretty pathetic, and Wookiepedia suggests these to be the 10:

Ahsoka Tano

Anakin Skywalker

Asajj Ventress

Clone troopers

Count Dooku

General Grievous

Mace Windu

Obi-Wan Kenobi

R2-D2

Yoda

It's all because it's based on the film, and not just simply on the Clone Wars themselves. They could have at least thrown in the most well known of the Jedi Council such as Ki Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti and Kit Fisto would've been nice. (I did have to look up some names and spellings:heh:)

Grievous' Bodyguards would've been cool

So, IGN told us (don't know if it was Insider or Off-Insider) that the game would have a lot of lignes between characters (2200, if i remember correctly)

Either:

2200 Dividing by 10?

Or.. More characters?

I think the "more characters" is more likely, as i can't possible see that many lignes in only 10 characters.

Also, the Game is very based Cartoons, so i don't believe in that at all....

Well so long as this gets decent reviews I'll get it.

I'm not sure whether to get the Wii or 360 Force Unleashed though..

Force Unleashed, of course.

Clone Wars its just a cheap cash on the Star Wars sega, anyway.

Im talking about Clone Wars in general when i talked about the cheap Cash In X_X

And, Force Unleashed looks a lot more promissing than Clone Wars, specially for the XBOX360.

Im talking about Clone Wars in general when i talked about the cheap Cash In X_X

And, Force Unleashed looks a lot more promissing than Clone Wars, specially for the XBOX360.

Clone Wars Animated Series was amazing, the comic books were also amazing and if the 3D show follows the spirit of the toons, amazing it will be. Nothing cheap about it.

The series is the cgi stuff and it's looking good to me. I don't expect good critical response as it's cool to hate star wars now.

Oh, I know it is.

I actually don't mind the prequels at all. When comparing them to the others at 1st they seemed a little rubbish, but after watching all the films quite a few times since III was released, there's not THAT much wrong with them.

The old ones were a little tongue in cheek too, and the acting isn't THAT bad in any of the films, people really like to exaggerate things.

I'm sure part of the reason it's cool to hate the prequels is because one of the undertone story things, of Episode I at least, is that democracy is shit.

Whereas the mirror image is in the originals; that dictatorship is shit.

I'm sure part of the reason it's cool to hate the prequels is because one of the undertone story things, of Episode I at least, is that democracy is shit.

Whereas the mirror image is in the originals; that dictatorship is shit.

I think that the political plot really gives the prequels an extra umph actually, it's pretty good. This is game discussion though :P

Anyway, after watching videos of this and FU, the lightsaber controls seem the same, when they supposedly were more detailed in Clone Wars, so this needs to be really fun or have good content. We'll see, either way, both look like solid games.

I think that the political plot really gives the prequels an extra umph actually, it's pretty good. This is game discussion though :P

Don't worry, that's as far as I was taking it:)

Anyway, after watching videos of this and FU, the lightsaber controls seem the same, when they supposedly were more detailed in Clone Wars, so this needs to be really fun or have good content. We'll see, either way, both look like solid games.

Yeah, it's just ashame that

a 3rd of the characters on FU are StarKiller, or whatever his name is

I wish these games came out before my birthday, cos I don't have money of my own to waste at the moment. :(

• 1 month later...
Krome, developers of the upcoming Star Wars The Clone Wars game for the Wii, have revealed that Nintendo warned them about Wii MotionPlus before E3.

Back in August, we heard rumblings that LucasArts weren't very happy with Nintendo's shock Wii MotionPlus announcement prior to their E3 conference in July. It appeared that Nintendo had chosen not to inform anyone else about their new peripheral before the convention, with games such as Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels too late into their development cycles to implement MotionPlus functionality.

In the latest issue of NGamer, producer Ken Fox from Krome, who has been working on Lightsaber Duels for the Wii, had something a little different to say...

"Yes, Nintendo did give us a heads-up about MotionPlus. As far as I know, MotionPlus won't be available until 2009, so it won't be in our game since it launches in November 2008. We feel the original remote enables fans to live out the fantasy of wielding the Wii remote like a Lightsaber. We're very proud of the experience that Lightsaber Duels provides."

Issue #29 of NGamer features a very positive preview of Lightsaber Duels, and should be on sale over the next few days.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12427