NEurope
Ashley

Call of Duty: World At War

Yeah, what do we think of that?

I think it looks like Treyarch have really put some fan service in the game with something like that.

There's also no real reason why that can't be in the Wii version, but yeah... Ts'probably not.

When did this come out? Play have it IN STOCK!!

Also, is it completely expected that the 360/PS3 versions will sell infinitely more copies than on the Wii?

Hehe. Ol' Dazzybee is correct, Play.com have it as "dispatched within 24 hours" :heh:

It's out on the 11th in the US, so I'm banking on a IGN review for the Wii game sometime next week. Providing the online is not a total disaster - and a disaster would constitute as terrible lag problems/disconnection issues - I will plump for the Wii version.

If by some unfortunate turn of events the Wii version turns out like something along the lines of Quantum of Solace, I'll finally have an excuse to hunt down Medal of Honour: Heroes 2 :D

Yeah, I'm well up for a good FPS on the Wii. Medal of Honor was fantastic purely because of the controls, I'm secretly hoping this game is incredible......I've just got a funny feeling they're going to fuck it up though...... :(

Online Team Deathmatch footage : peace:

Thankfully it looks fine. Let's just see whether the Wii version will have the same maps as the other ones. I'm STILL waiting for first reviews before taking advantage of Play.com's slip-up, but it's looking hopefull so far.

I'll be wanting friend codes off everyone by the week's end! :D

WHat's PLAY's slip up?!

You said it yourself :heh: They're selling/dispatching it now even though the game isn't out till Friday.

Online looks pretty good. Hope there's an option to not have a map/radar during games and that there's a Capture the Flag mode. Hope you guy's will still be playing this after Christmas!

Now I'm wishing Canada used the UK rating system and had 15 and 18 ratings instead of just 17. This game looks pretty darn awesome and is just the kind of game I'm looking for right now, but the ESRB has beaten me again.

Are you serious that your mum won't let you buy it? Why don't you buy it and hide it from her?

In Canada we have the ESRB system which goes 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 18. And all stores will ID you if you buy something 17. We really need a 15 rating over here I think. Though since its 15 pretty much everywhere else, I might be able to make a convincing argument. Especially since the UK generally has a stricter rating system.

Are you serious that your mum won't let you buy it? Why don't you buy it and hide it from her?

Some good internet peer pressure here XD

My mam doesn't really care, wohooo!

I guess the other problem is there was this kid in Ontario (Canadian Province) who apparently was playing CoD:4 all night long on his 360 all the time and was often chatting with someone who his parents assumed was a pedophile. And so the parents took the 360 away and the kid ran away, they found his bike in a ditch a few days after and just last week they found his body out in the woods somewhere (though for now the police are convinced he wasn't murdered and just died of the cold). And now the media are blaming the game and everything, and my mom's been following the story quite a bit, and since this game is part of the CoD brand, my chances aren't really as good. But I think it still might be worth a try. Only another year and a few months until I'm 17 though anyway.

Let's be honest here, that kid either had other problems, or was mentally unstable. It's nothing to do with Microsoft or Call of Duty.

Online looks pretty good. Hope there's an option to not have a map/radar during games and that there's a Capture the Flag mode. Hope you guy's will still be playing this after Christmas!

If its like the PS3 version (which I think it is) Then there is a capture the flag mode. But better than that is the awesome 'War' mode and 'Search and Destroy'. As for the map thing, there is an option to play some game types in 'Hardcore', this turns off the map completely, makes bullets more deadly, puts friendly fire ON, and takes away the aiming reticule.:bowdown:

I guess the other problem is there was this kid in Ontario (Canadian Province) who apparently was playing CoD:4 all night long on his 360 all the time and was often chatting with someone who his parents assumed was a pedophile. And so the parents took the 360 away and the kid ran away, they found his bike in a ditch a few days after and just last week they found his body out in the woods somewhere (though for now the police are convinced he wasn't murdered and just died of the cold). And now the media are blaming the game and everything, and my mom's been following the story quite a bit, and since this game is part of the CoD brand, my chances aren't really as good. But I think it still might be worth a try. Only another year and a few months until I'm 17 though anyway.

Well they shouldn't have taken his 360 away then.....

In all seriousness, how stupid were his parents "assuming" he's chatting to a paedophile....as you do!! There's so many fucking idiots in this world, it's frightening - and they're allowed to have children!!!!

Well they shouldn't have taken his 360 away then.....

In all seriousness, how stupid were his parents "assuming" he's chatting to a paedophile....as you do!! There's so many fucking idiots in this world, it's frightening - and they're allowed to have children!!!!

Wait, when did I say I think he's a pedophile?

Wait, when did I say I think he's a pedophile?

You didn't, I was on about the people in the article :)