NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
WOOP

Dreamcast power

I just baught a black dreamcast from Japan. It is slick and nice, got shenmue1,2 and jet set also.

Iv been told if I plug it in it will blow up. Can someone show me the kind of adapter I need to get. The dreamcast is AC 100v and I live in U.K

Thanks dudes:heart:

I thought Dreamcasts all used the same kettle style cable?

The voltage is different in different places though so the power supply wouldn't work properly.

You're best off cracking the DC open and replacing the power board with a 230v one, then you don't need any stupid converters, you just use a standard figure of 8 lead

Yes, a £2 plug adaptor. How in the hell does a £2 plug adaptor stop the 230V of UK electricity from frying this thing?

Didn't know they did black Dc's , By the way im guessing you bought because it was a item you wanted but if it was just for playing games then DC Has been Mostly Fully emulated and theres even a website where you can download full images of the games and it works ive played Jet and shen my self and they work all you need to do is download NullDC and Bios XD then it would off been free , although dreamcasts nothing

Sign in to follow this